IM in search of funding

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
IM Jack Rudd

IM in search of funding

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Without going into too much detail, I am likely to have a lot less income to play with soon than I previously had. This means I can adopt one of two strategies: (a) cut down on my playing in international tournaments, or (b) panhandle on the forum in an attempt to avoid doing this.

So if any of you good folk would like to fund me to play in tournaments, or have some other ways you can help, feel free to drop me a line at {jack AT ecforum DOT org DOT uk}.

Peter D Williams

Re: IM in search of funding

Post by Peter D Williams » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:Without going into too much detail, I am likely to have a lot less income to play with soon than I previously had. This means I can adopt one of two strategies: (a) cut down on my playing in international tournaments, or (b) panhandle on the forum in an attempt to avoid doing this.

So if any of you good folk would like to fund me to play in tournaments, or have some other ways you can help, feel free to drop me a line at {jack AT ecforum DOT org DOT uk}.
Can you not apply to the John Robinson Trust?
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Peter D Williams wrote:
IM Jack Rudd wrote:Without going into too much detail, I am likely to have a lot less income to play with soon than I previously had. This means I can adopt one of two strategies: (a) cut down on my playing in international tournaments, or (b) panhandle on the forum in an attempt to avoid doing this.

sadly he's no longer under 21 :(

Peter D Williams

Post by Peter D Williams » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Peter D Williams wrote:

sadly he's no longer under 21 :(
Really you look so young Jack

If my understanding is correct then the "Youth" part didn't come specifically from the bequest but from the desire of the federation to avoid inheritance tax, so now the Trust has a large amount of money but are restricted into how it can be spent.

Perhaps a loan at a mutually acceptable interest rate could be arranged - after all its been done before
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 pm

I think the only realistic option is to apply to The Friends of Chess, they offer support to players aged 21 or higher, mainly amateur players, norm seekers etc

Good luck.