Page 1 of 1

International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:47 pm
by LozCooper
International Round Up 24/11/09

World Youth Championships:
http://wycc2009.tsf.org.tr/

England was represented by ten juniors at this prestigious junior event which ran from 12th-22nd November. All sections were 11 rounds with one double round and one rest day.

Final scores out of 11

U10 Girl - Anna Wang 6.5
U10 Open - Ravi Haria 6
U12 Girl - Natasha Bogoda 4.5
U12 Open - James Bowler 4
U14 Girl - Radha Jain 5.5
U14 Open - Felix Ynojosa 7
U16 Girl - Astghik Stepanyan 5.5
U16 Open - Yang-Fan Zhou 6.5
U18 Girl - Katie Hale 4
U18 Open - James Adair 5.5

British Rapidplay
http://www.british-rapidplay.org.uk/

Mark Hebden and David Howell were joint winners with 9/11. Peter Wells finished 3rd with 8.5 ahead of Richard Palliser with 8 and Keith Arkell and Jonathan Hawkins with 7.5.

Schachbundesliga 15-16 November 2009
http://www.schachbundesliga.de/

Michael Adams played on board 3 for OSG Baden-Baden drawing with IM Andreas Schenk rated 2509 and defeating Bart Michiels rated 2462. Stephen Gordon played for SG Tryer on board 3 and beat GM Dorien Rogozenco rated 2541 but lost to GM Alexander Areschenko rated 2667.

First Saturday November
http://www.firstsaturday.hu

Mark Lyell played in the IM event scoring 4 out of 10 and a rating performance of 2215. Andrew M Lewis also played, scoring 2 and a 2066 perfomance.

In addition to the individual websites the latest international chess news can be found at the following link: http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic785.html

Lawrence Cooper
Director of International Chess 24/11/09

Re: International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 pm
by J T Melsom
I believe Andrew Lewis registered a 2066 performance at First Saturday.

Re: International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:43 pm
by LozCooper
J T Melsom wrote:I believe Andrew Lewis registered a 2066 performance at First Saturday.
I took the info from TWIC. Having now checked the tournament website I'll amend my reports.

Re: International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 pm
by John Moore
Lawrence - I had a bit of a shock when I saw Andrew Lewis had scord 2 in a First Saturday tournament. Actually, I see from their website that's it's Andrew M Lewis and not Andrew P Lewis, the FM and regular British Championship competitor.

Re: International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm
by Steve Rooney
John Moore wrote:Lawrence - I had a bit of a shock when I saw Andrew Lewis had scord 2 in a First Saturday tournament. Actually, I see from their website that's it's Andrew M Lewis and not Andrew P Lewis, the FM and regular British Championship competitor.
I assume that's not "our" Andrew M Lewis from Shrewsbury. If so he's done very well indeed! More likely the other Andrew M Lewis.

Re: International Round Up 24/11/09

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:15 am
by J T Melsom
I can confirm it's Andrew Mark Lewis, recently at Birmingham University, some time Slough Shark, and a key member of the Wycombe and Hazlemere team that won the Bucks League in 2005-6 who is proving equally valuable this season. :D