Grenke Chess Classic 2-9 February 2015

The very latest International round up of English news.
Chris Rice

Re: Grenke Chess Classic 2-9 February 2015

Post by Chris Rice » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:00 am

Ray Sayers wrote:Aha! I understand why there was a tie break now! It is because the tie was for 1st place. The rules actually say:

Tiebreakers: 1. Number of wins, 2. Number of wins with Black, 3. Head-to-head score

In case of a tie for first place: 2 games with 10 min + 2 sec a move; then if needed 2 games with 5 min + 2 sec a move; finally a game with 6 min for White and 5 min for Black + 2 sec a move (in case of a draw Black wins)

So the number of wins is the 1st tie break UNLESS THE TIE IS FOR 1st PLACE!!
Well done Ray, your interpretation makes perfect logical sense now. I take it all back, the German organisers implemented their tiebreak rules perfectly. Of course, if the German organisers had used your wording in the first place it would have been so much clearer.

Clive Blackburn

Re: Grenke Chess Classic 2-9 February 2015

Post by Clive Blackburn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:04 am

Chris Rice wrote: Well done Ray, your interpretation makes perfect logical sense now. I take it all back, the German organisers implemented their tiebreak rules perfectly. Of course, if the German organisers had used your wording in the first place it would have been so much clearer.
It probably did make perfect logical sense before it was translated from German into English! :lol: