Questions and Support regarding the Certificate of Merit.
-
John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
-
Contact:
Post
by John Upham » Thu May 20, 2010 4:47 pm
CoM Level Three has now been activated with around 100 Q&As from various authors.
An official statement has been published on the ECF web site.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?p=4049
We are seeing a steady stream of new student registrations and sales of packages and credits.
This may come as a blow to those who want CoM to fail and I offer my apologies to them.
For the rest of us I hope that this is good news!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess

-
John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
-
Contact:
Post
by John Upham » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 am
The instructional booklet for CoM Levels 2 & 3 is now available from the ECF Shop at
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?page_id ... ct=1177780
I hope to see a copy myself at some point but I am told that Create Services have done an excellent production job based on the content from IM Andrew Martin.
I believe that we need to make a big marketing and publicity push for this for the start of the new Autumn term and I will be promoting it to as many schools and clubs as I can and I hope that you can do the same.
If only we had the resources to market CoM it could be a strong revenue stream. Simply hoping for success will not be good enough.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess

-
Steve Rooney
- Posts: 427
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 pm
- Location: Church Stretton
Post
by Steve Rooney » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm
John Upham wrote:The instructional booklet for CoM Levels 2 & 3 is now available from the ECF Shop.
Is it possible to add a summary of the content or even a couple of sample pages, contents etc as a pdf? The details of some of the COM materials in the shop area seems a little brief. (There is plenty of detail on the listing of Stewart Reuben's openings book by contrast.)
-
John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
-
Contact:
Post
by John Upham » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm
Steve Rooney wrote:
Is it possible to add a summary of the content or even a couple of sample pages, contents etc as a pdf? The details of some of the COM materials in the shop area seems a little brief. (There is plenty of detail on the listing of Stewart Reuben's openings book by contrast.)
Steve,
As soon as I am sent a copy I will do this. Otherwise maybe SR could do this? Thanks for the suggestion. Some sample pages wouldn't go a miss. I will contact Mark Rivlin.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess

-
John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
-
Contact:
Post
by John Upham » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm
Just to let you know (if you are interested that is) that on-line sales of CoM related products have restarted (as the new school year commences) volumes are ramping up. This includes credits, packages, DVDs and booklets.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess

-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9319
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
-
Contact:
Post
by Alex Holowczak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:13 pm
When will specific numbers of these sales be available for public consumption?
-
John Upham
- Posts: 8361
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
-
Contact:
Post
by John Upham » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm
Alex Holowczak wrote:When will specific numbers of these sales be available for public consumption?
Alex,
I am not authorised to answer that question : The Director responsible is the Director of Marketing.
I believe that a fresh marketing initiative is scheduled to start shortly and I have pledged my support.
I am expecting to improve some aspects of CoM including the feedback to students so as to improve the learning process.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
