ECF Online County Championship

Discussion about all aspects of the ECF County Championships.
Mike Gunn

Re: ECF Online County Championship

Post by Mike Gunn » Fri May 15, 2020 9:17 am

Surrey will be entering two teams in the ECF Online County Championship.

MartinCarpenter

Post by MartinCarpenter » Fri May 15, 2020 9:40 am

Mick Norris wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Group stage divided into groups of say 6 counties - probably on a regional basis
Surely there's no need to have a regional split in an online competition? I'd have thought playing against someone you otherwise wouldn't meet was a plus, rather than the possibility of playing someone who might play in the same leagues or congresses as you
Surely this, yes?

Unless its an amusing excuse to get Lancashire and Manchester playing each other :)

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 pm

MartinCarpenter wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:40 am
Mick Norris wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Group stage divided into groups of say 6 counties - probably on a regional basis
Surely there's no need to have a regional split in an online competition? I'd have thought playing against someone you otherwise wouldn't meet was a plus, rather than the possibility of playing someone who might play in the same leagues or congresses as you
Surely this, yes?

Unless its an amusing excuse to get Lancashire and Manchester playing each other :)
Knowing Lancashire, and the NCCU President they would Veto us taking part as they would to play one game to get to the finals.

I give Yorkshire a lot of credit as they would welcome Manchester, but Lancashire are scared of Manchester and what we stand for and you can see that in previous forums, but One person Is Scared of what is right for chess as he think he is a Supreme Leader of Lancashire and that is why people like that lives in the past.
Any postings on here represent my personal views only

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sun May 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Mike Gunn wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:17 am
Surrey will be entering two teams in the ECF Online County Championship.
The list I've seen has 19 in the Open, 7 in the u1825 (ECF u150), and 6 pending a final decision (either to enter, or which section I guess)
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation www.manchesterchess.co.uk