God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
I'm happy to be here as a newcomer to this ECF Discussion Board. I'm a Canadian national chess master, and I live in Orleans, Ontario (a suburb of Ottawa, the National Capital of Canada). I was born near Metz, France, at a time when that nation was still fully in NATO during the 1960's (my father served as an RCAF Radar technician at the time; both my parents are Canadian (as am I, in my being considered as being 'born on Canadian soil', on a Canadian overseas military base hospital).
I often visit various social media websites, including LinkedIn and the world's largest chess variants site, The Chess Variant Pages (chessvariants dot com). This is my first Post on the ECF Discussion Board, and I hope what follows might be at least of some interest, especially in light of recent world events (e.g. with POTUS Trump 2.0 stirring things up a lot globally, for some time now). As a young man I did not think that much about religion, but these may soon become difficult days for more of us than in the middle of any number of previous decades. Nevertheless, I normally try as a chess player (or when online) to be as analytical and/or facts-based as I can be about what my intuition might be telling me at any given time, ideally after having done any research that may have been needed. Anyway, with those things in mind, here's my thoughts concerning how we, at least as individuals, might try to help remedy what I see as our present world crisis:
First, for reference a bit later, here's a Link to an earlier thread that was started by me in the Chess Federation of Canada's Off-Topic Forum:
https://forums.chess.ca/forum/home/foru ... s-religion
After noting that there are any number of [un]related issues in that particular thread that I began, there has by now (as we all know) been a second major war between Israel and Iran in less than a year, one in which yet again the USA, the world's leading military power, has been involved with, to some extent or other (notably to a more considerable extent in the case of the second such war). This time, the war that involved those three nations didn't last only a dozen days before POTUS Trump 2.0 managed to 'help' create a ceasefire (the first ceasefire of which eventually held in the summer of 2025, following the first such war, until the second such war commenced in early 2026). Instead, in the second such war it took well over a month for Trump to 'help' create such a ceasefire between the warring nations (though whether it will continue to 'hold', in spite of Iran accusing Israel of violating it, by actions taken re: territory that's within Lebanon, might be anyone's guess).
Now, allow me to point out a fact that I've mentioned online before:
Currently, there are nine (9) nations thought to have nuclear weapons (besides any other types of WMDs), and none of those nations require any unbiased mental health evaluation of their leaders (as I recently verified with a Google AI generated search result).
So, at least as I see it (at least when recalling that the keepers of the [only] annually updated science-based 'Doomsday Clock' did advance that clock significantly closer to Midnight', as of late January 2026), the odds of mankind surviving on planet Earth in any meaningful way (at least until we just might find [or terraform] another suitable planet [or moon] elsewhere, in plenty of time for some/many of us to live on), in case of any catastrophic worldwide disaster (such as any WW3 global nuclear war) are becoming increasingly lower by the day.
Short of (at least) somehow magically ridding ourselves perpetually of being saddled with any mad politicians with the power to use WMDs at least as a last resort in a war (such as might be triggered by events in the Old [or even New!?] World these days), I've asked myself what should we on planet Earth do, as of 2026?
At this point, if I were currently a total 'believer' in the 'atheist model' of our reality, things might seem grim, if I also were inclined to believe everything that I 've written so far in this Post, and cared even a little about whether mankind just might go extinct, very soon, even if after I were to pass on.
Anyway, for any who may care to, please look at the Thread that I gave a link to, at the start of this Post (i.e. a Thread that's also in the Chess Federation of Canada's Off-Topic Forum). In its first Post, it provides an idea (recommendation 5 there) for inspiring more hope than one might have at this time (i.e. it's an unusual kind of prayer, that anyone could try at least once in their life, say while alone at home, ideally asap - the wording of it, when spoken aloud, just might be changed, perhaps only a little, for those who care to do that). It's an idea that does have some/much basis in general principles that are not much based on religion, alone (as I typed a few of those up as recommendations, such as [to try paraphrase my 1st recommendation that is there]: as every good/adult chess player knows, do not have fully child-like faith in opening repertoire chess books, etc.).
Anyhow, the main basis/theory I have for this idea, for possibly improving one's hope for the long-term survival of humanity, is that we may not have the most exact version of any sacred text anywhere in the world in 2026, and thus we might try (at little risk, I'd think) to pray at least once in our own lives to have such a version 'enforced' (that is, as if from somewhere from above), hopefully asap.
Whereas, those who might always pray for something that they may not even know is inexact (e.g. at least that's found within some part[s] in some inexact sacred text) just might get what they pray for, instead (such as an unexpectedly poor version of some sort of 'End Times' possibly continuing to unfold). Thus, such a continued trend, if indeed real, might go horribly wrong for us all (in the unlikely, but not impossible, event that someone nasty with an agenda got involved with writing/translating a sacred text at any time well before the 21st century, such as when identification of one's credentials was far from fool-proof - if you like, check online, e.g. for proof of identification during the versions of the Wycliffe Bible writing era - which then may [more or less] have somehow become the basis for any version of any such sacred text that has survived at least until 2026, whether or not any are exact versions at all).
I admit this is considered an unlikely event by Google's AI (I even checked if more than one such nasty person, in any Age, could successfully try to carry out any attempt to impose an agenda, and I even did not neglect to check if such a person[s] might have employed any sort of magic to do so [in case if there's any real chance that that sort of thing actually does work]). In spite of the apparently very low probability of such a thing ever happening (according to the Google AI search answers that I found long ago), I'm still recommending the (in private, possibly, if preferred) adoption of my idea for a prayer, in case what I'd loosely call such an 'insurance' (or 'risk management') measure just might be worth trying, possibly (& perhaps ideally) by a very large number of people, in a relatively short period of time.
To end with: at least in Christianity's theology (and I've consider myself a Christian for a rather long time now), as I seem to recall, it is thought that a possibly highly significant/momentous prayer (such as to have a mountain moved by divine means after such a prayer is made, if He wishes to) when made by someone who might somehow know 100% for sure that The Father exists may well carry a lot of weight, though when added up, so possibly do the prayers by people who are less certain, in terms of their each having that 'nice percentage score' (perhaps even if praying for something which is not exact that's in some inexact version of any sacred text, I'd hazard to guess, such as praying in some way for any part that implies that all End Times prophesies must be fulfilled - so, again I 'd say, try praying for the most exact version of a sacred text to be 'enforced' [as if from above], ideally asap).
Again, if my (theories and/or) recommendation is wrong, there's little risk (as I see it) in trying such an idea (i.e. prayer) as I've suggested (see above), even if just prayed for once in private, in a given person's life (preferably asap). Note that if any should pray, I'd think they may be answered more often if they can first recall anything they might feel worth repenting that may have happened earlier in their lifetime (a simple 'I repent' might serve well, rather than trying to recall [or repeat aloud] every possible regret a person may/should have, would be my own best guess). Else, I myself continue to see less/little hope for humanity to survive in the long run, if something (or nothing) else is tried by anyone, such as to possibly leave all of our fates entirely/largely in the hands of one or more madmen who may sooner or later continue to make war (including possibly any who may lead any of the [up to] 9 nuke nations in 2026, as I've alluded to before).
I often visit various social media websites, including LinkedIn and the world's largest chess variants site, The Chess Variant Pages (chessvariants dot com). This is my first Post on the ECF Discussion Board, and I hope what follows might be at least of some interest, especially in light of recent world events (e.g. with POTUS Trump 2.0 stirring things up a lot globally, for some time now). As a young man I did not think that much about religion, but these may soon become difficult days for more of us than in the middle of any number of previous decades. Nevertheless, I normally try as a chess player (or when online) to be as analytical and/or facts-based as I can be about what my intuition might be telling me at any given time, ideally after having done any research that may have been needed. Anyway, with those things in mind, here's my thoughts concerning how we, at least as individuals, might try to help remedy what I see as our present world crisis:
First, for reference a bit later, here's a Link to an earlier thread that was started by me in the Chess Federation of Canada's Off-Topic Forum:
https://forums.chess.ca/forum/home/foru ... s-religion
After noting that there are any number of [un]related issues in that particular thread that I began, there has by now (as we all know) been a second major war between Israel and Iran in less than a year, one in which yet again the USA, the world's leading military power, has been involved with, to some extent or other (notably to a more considerable extent in the case of the second such war). This time, the war that involved those three nations didn't last only a dozen days before POTUS Trump 2.0 managed to 'help' create a ceasefire (the first ceasefire of which eventually held in the summer of 2025, following the first such war, until the second such war commenced in early 2026). Instead, in the second such war it took well over a month for Trump to 'help' create such a ceasefire between the warring nations (though whether it will continue to 'hold', in spite of Iran accusing Israel of violating it, by actions taken re: territory that's within Lebanon, might be anyone's guess).
Now, allow me to point out a fact that I've mentioned online before:
Currently, there are nine (9) nations thought to have nuclear weapons (besides any other types of WMDs), and none of those nations require any unbiased mental health evaluation of their leaders (as I recently verified with a Google AI generated search result).
So, at least as I see it (at least when recalling that the keepers of the [only] annually updated science-based 'Doomsday Clock' did advance that clock significantly closer to Midnight', as of late January 2026), the odds of mankind surviving on planet Earth in any meaningful way (at least until we just might find [or terraform] another suitable planet [or moon] elsewhere, in plenty of time for some/many of us to live on), in case of any catastrophic worldwide disaster (such as any WW3 global nuclear war) are becoming increasingly lower by the day.
Short of (at least) somehow magically ridding ourselves perpetually of being saddled with any mad politicians with the power to use WMDs at least as a last resort in a war (such as might be triggered by events in the Old [or even New!?] World these days), I've asked myself what should we on planet Earth do, as of 2026?
At this point, if I were currently a total 'believer' in the 'atheist model' of our reality, things might seem grim, if I also were inclined to believe everything that I 've written so far in this Post, and cared even a little about whether mankind just might go extinct, very soon, even if after I were to pass on.
Anyway, for any who may care to, please look at the Thread that I gave a link to, at the start of this Post (i.e. a Thread that's also in the Chess Federation of Canada's Off-Topic Forum). In its first Post, it provides an idea (recommendation 5 there) for inspiring more hope than one might have at this time (i.e. it's an unusual kind of prayer, that anyone could try at least once in their life, say while alone at home, ideally asap - the wording of it, when spoken aloud, just might be changed, perhaps only a little, for those who care to do that). It's an idea that does have some/much basis in general principles that are not much based on religion, alone (as I typed a few of those up as recommendations, such as [to try paraphrase my 1st recommendation that is there]: as every good/adult chess player knows, do not have fully child-like faith in opening repertoire chess books, etc.).
Anyhow, the main basis/theory I have for this idea, for possibly improving one's hope for the long-term survival of humanity, is that we may not have the most exact version of any sacred text anywhere in the world in 2026, and thus we might try (at little risk, I'd think) to pray at least once in our own lives to have such a version 'enforced' (that is, as if from somewhere from above), hopefully asap.
Whereas, those who might always pray for something that they may not even know is inexact (e.g. at least that's found within some part[s] in some inexact sacred text) just might get what they pray for, instead (such as an unexpectedly poor version of some sort of 'End Times' possibly continuing to unfold). Thus, such a continued trend, if indeed real, might go horribly wrong for us all (in the unlikely, but not impossible, event that someone nasty with an agenda got involved with writing/translating a sacred text at any time well before the 21st century, such as when identification of one's credentials was far from fool-proof - if you like, check online, e.g. for proof of identification during the versions of the Wycliffe Bible writing era - which then may [more or less] have somehow become the basis for any version of any such sacred text that has survived at least until 2026, whether or not any are exact versions at all).
I admit this is considered an unlikely event by Google's AI (I even checked if more than one such nasty person, in any Age, could successfully try to carry out any attempt to impose an agenda, and I even did not neglect to check if such a person[s] might have employed any sort of magic to do so [in case if there's any real chance that that sort of thing actually does work]). In spite of the apparently very low probability of such a thing ever happening (according to the Google AI search answers that I found long ago), I'm still recommending the (in private, possibly, if preferred) adoption of my idea for a prayer, in case what I'd loosely call such an 'insurance' (or 'risk management') measure just might be worth trying, possibly (& perhaps ideally) by a very large number of people, in a relatively short period of time.
To end with: at least in Christianity's theology (and I've consider myself a Christian for a rather long time now), as I seem to recall, it is thought that a possibly highly significant/momentous prayer (such as to have a mountain moved by divine means after such a prayer is made, if He wishes to) when made by someone who might somehow know 100% for sure that The Father exists may well carry a lot of weight, though when added up, so possibly do the prayers by people who are less certain, in terms of their each having that 'nice percentage score' (perhaps even if praying for something which is not exact that's in some inexact version of any sacred text, I'd hazard to guess, such as praying in some way for any part that implies that all End Times prophesies must be fulfilled - so, again I 'd say, try praying for the most exact version of a sacred text to be 'enforced' [as if from above], ideally asap).
Again, if my (theories and/or) recommendation is wrong, there's little risk (as I see it) in trying such an idea (i.e. prayer) as I've suggested (see above), even if just prayed for once in private, in a given person's life (preferably asap). Note that if any should pray, I'd think they may be answered more often if they can first recall anything they might feel worth repenting that may have happened earlier in their lifetime (a simple 'I repent' might serve well, rather than trying to recall [or repeat aloud] every possible regret a person may/should have, would be my own best guess). Else, I myself continue to see less/little hope for humanity to survive in the long run, if something (or nothing) else is tried by anyone, such as to possibly leave all of our fates entirely/largely in the hands of one or more madmen who may sooner or later continue to make war (including possibly any who may lead any of the [up to] 9 nuke nations in 2026, as I've alluded to before).
Last edited by Kevin Pacey on Tue Apr 21, 2026 1:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- John Upham
- Posts: 8358
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Do you know David Icke?
Last edited by John Upham on Sun Apr 12, 2026 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Matt Mackenzie
- Posts: 6376
- Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm
- Location: Millom, Cumbria
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
David I*c*ke, even. Didn't he claim to be "Son Of The Godhead", whatever that might be??
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)
- John Upham
- Posts: 8358
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Yes, and he also found time to be reserve goalkeeper for Coventry City FC in 1970/1971 as well as being the second coming or something like that.Matt Mackenzie wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:43 pmDavid I*c*ke, even. Didn't he claim to be "Son Of The Godhead", whatever that might be??
A thoroughly unpleasant individual.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- John Upham
- Posts: 8358
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Hi.
In case you haven't yet, you may wish to click on the link that I gave in the Post at the start of this Thread, if you're looking for more insight (some is, as I wrote before, actually fact-based, rather than based on any intuitive way of thinking on my part, alone, that contributes to my making a possibly vital [albeit single, and perhaps somewhat humble, prayer idea] recommendation, that might be adopted at least once by each person in their lifetime). I've added more thoughts/insight within my feed on LinkedIn, just yesterday, which can also be eventually reached via the link that I gave in my previous Post in this ECF Board 'Thread'.
Meanwhile, I'm unfamiliar with Mr. Icke (and don't know how many possibly completely unfounded conspiracy[s] that he might have peddled in his life, so far - the wiki entry on him is rather long, to read all of it). However, I don't lack a sense of humour (some might say I have that to a fault, even including humour of a self-effacing kind).
Now, for a quite recent and somewhat shocking development out of the USA, with Trump serving his second term as POTUS there, in terms of the magnitude of its sheer audacity, that just might pertain to any reasoned discussion here:
To try to set things up as well as I can at the moment (I'm still speechless, actually), first, as we all should know by now, POTUS Trump 2.0 has an unlimited ego (of even potentially monstrous size, some might say, while his believers, such as many in the MAGA crowd in the USA, somehow regard him as their 'saviour', perhaps even nowadays).
What follows (many details of which may be found within a link I'll give later below in this Post) does not necessarily confirm anything at all, many would say (and I'd need to agree, based on Trump's past, besides a certain lack of any other publicly available facts, alone), such as in 2026 our being in (or at/near the start of) any possible 'End of Days' situation, like the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, on Sunday, 7 December 1941, would have confirmed to all that the USA was, due to a 'very sudden incident', going to be a fully committed Allied nation as a combatant in WW2.
That attack on Pearl Harbor is a rather old incident that might possibly have been made even more well-known to young people in the 1970's, by the American movie (produced with at least the aid of historians who were Japanese, as I seem to recall) 'Tora!, Tora!, Tora!’, where, as I seem to recall, as the Japanese attack was beginning to unfold, a staff officer guy looks at his stunned superior officer, and says to him 'You wanted confirmation?? There's your confirmation!!').
No, far from such clarity (in terms of that sort of 'confirmation' being available), many in our world circa 2026 might still persist in scoffing, even, at the idea that we are anywhere near an 'End of Days' era (despite a fact that all of us should always try to recall: there's up to 9 nuke armed nations in 2026), it seems to me, anyway.
Anyhow, Trump has declared himself on occasion to be (some such thing, like being) the best POTUS ever (I do recall he did 'drop' The Father [LORD]'s name as a way to size up his own degree of magnitude, quality-wise in that regard, for sure, at least once anyway -I'll check, if asked, for any further details, if any have forgotten many or most such details, like myself, about such episode[s]), in public utterances of his that he has made in the USA.
Also, as a quick digression, Trump did in fact, now that I recall, globally embarrass himself recently, with the leader of modern day Japan less than two meters sitting away from him, by alluding to the Pearl Harbor attack, with he and she together in a public setting in some room or other in the White House in Washington, D.C. (perhaps it was the room there that has so much 'gold-leafing' on its wall[s]? - you can't make this stuff up, anyway).
Now, for the climax: with Easter here barely over (not counting for Orthodox Christianity, though), Trump had to take down an AI generated 'picture' where he was dressed as The Son (apparently Trump, in his currently cold relations with the Pope, was somehow scrambled[?] enough in thought to allow such an AI generated photo to be publicly released). It did not escape at least my own attention (even though some might call me wildly conspiracy-minded) that this could be perceived as a (though not quite unprecedented, as I alluded to above) 'sign' that POTUS Trump 2.0 could be a serious candidate to become The Anti-C, as some/many Christians have speculated online, or elsewhere - me, I do hope there's Never going to be an Anti-C at all, but that just might somehow happen if, for example, only a few, or zero, people take up my recommendation for praying an unusual prayer, at least once in their lifetime (preferably as soon as possible, as far as I'm concerned - it's a single, humble recommendation, and can be done at home, in private):
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2026/4/1 ... ke-saviour
Take care, Kevin Pacey
In case you haven't yet, you may wish to click on the link that I gave in the Post at the start of this Thread, if you're looking for more insight (some is, as I wrote before, actually fact-based, rather than based on any intuitive way of thinking on my part, alone, that contributes to my making a possibly vital [albeit single, and perhaps somewhat humble, prayer idea] recommendation, that might be adopted at least once by each person in their lifetime). I've added more thoughts/insight within my feed on LinkedIn, just yesterday, which can also be eventually reached via the link that I gave in my previous Post in this ECF Board 'Thread'.
Meanwhile, I'm unfamiliar with Mr. Icke (and don't know how many possibly completely unfounded conspiracy[s] that he might have peddled in his life, so far - the wiki entry on him is rather long, to read all of it). However, I don't lack a sense of humour (some might say I have that to a fault, even including humour of a self-effacing kind).
Now, for a quite recent and somewhat shocking development out of the USA, with Trump serving his second term as POTUS there, in terms of the magnitude of its sheer audacity, that just might pertain to any reasoned discussion here:
To try to set things up as well as I can at the moment (I'm still speechless, actually), first, as we all should know by now, POTUS Trump 2.0 has an unlimited ego (of even potentially monstrous size, some might say, while his believers, such as many in the MAGA crowd in the USA, somehow regard him as their 'saviour', perhaps even nowadays).
What follows (many details of which may be found within a link I'll give later below in this Post) does not necessarily confirm anything at all, many would say (and I'd need to agree, based on Trump's past, besides a certain lack of any other publicly available facts, alone), such as in 2026 our being in (or at/near the start of) any possible 'End of Days' situation, like the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, on Sunday, 7 December 1941, would have confirmed to all that the USA was, due to a 'very sudden incident', going to be a fully committed Allied nation as a combatant in WW2.
That attack on Pearl Harbor is a rather old incident that might possibly have been made even more well-known to young people in the 1970's, by the American movie (produced with at least the aid of historians who were Japanese, as I seem to recall) 'Tora!, Tora!, Tora!’, where, as I seem to recall, as the Japanese attack was beginning to unfold, a staff officer guy looks at his stunned superior officer, and says to him 'You wanted confirmation?? There's your confirmation!!').
No, far from such clarity (in terms of that sort of 'confirmation' being available), many in our world circa 2026 might still persist in scoffing, even, at the idea that we are anywhere near an 'End of Days' era (despite a fact that all of us should always try to recall: there's up to 9 nuke armed nations in 2026), it seems to me, anyway.
Anyhow, Trump has declared himself on occasion to be (some such thing, like being) the best POTUS ever (I do recall he did 'drop' The Father [LORD]'s name as a way to size up his own degree of magnitude, quality-wise in that regard, for sure, at least once anyway -I'll check, if asked, for any further details, if any have forgotten many or most such details, like myself, about such episode[s]), in public utterances of his that he has made in the USA.
Also, as a quick digression, Trump did in fact, now that I recall, globally embarrass himself recently, with the leader of modern day Japan less than two meters sitting away from him, by alluding to the Pearl Harbor attack, with he and she together in a public setting in some room or other in the White House in Washington, D.C. (perhaps it was the room there that has so much 'gold-leafing' on its wall[s]? - you can't make this stuff up, anyway).
Now, for the climax: with Easter here barely over (not counting for Orthodox Christianity, though), Trump had to take down an AI generated 'picture' where he was dressed as The Son (apparently Trump, in his currently cold relations with the Pope, was somehow scrambled[?] enough in thought to allow such an AI generated photo to be publicly released). It did not escape at least my own attention (even though some might call me wildly conspiracy-minded) that this could be perceived as a (though not quite unprecedented, as I alluded to above) 'sign' that POTUS Trump 2.0 could be a serious candidate to become The Anti-C, as some/many Christians have speculated online, or elsewhere - me, I do hope there's Never going to be an Anti-C at all, but that just might somehow happen if, for example, only a few, or zero, people take up my recommendation for praying an unusual prayer, at least once in their lifetime (preferably as soon as possible, as far as I'm concerned - it's a single, humble recommendation, and can be done at home, in private):
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2026/4/1 ... ke-saviour
Take care, Kevin Pacey
Last edited by Kevin Pacey on Tue Apr 21, 2026 2:01 am, edited 21 times in total.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Another development, along the same lines as that Comment of mine that's immediately above in this Thread: Though he might have found it hard to 'top' the AI image he recently released (and soon erased) of himself as The Son, POTUS Trump 2.0 rather quickly has decided to 'double-down', all the same, in terms of his using such an AI generated image of himself as (or now, with) The Son, in the ongoing PR battle that he's had with the current Pope, with whom he currently has rather 'cold' relations.
You cannot make this stuff up, I'd note yet again online.
I'd say again, as a Canadian who does not trust at the least the mental health evaluations that have been put out there about Trump, in his second term as POTUS, alone:
What the 'fuddle duddle' (Pierre Trudeau expression, in trying to cover up a public utterance of his in western Canada, when he was Prime Minister decades ago, long before he eventually passed on) were too many of our friends in the United States of America (which is undeniably the greatest military superpower on Earth, for decades now) thinking when they voted for Trump to be POTUS for a second time in 2024??:
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/commen ... _him_days/
You cannot make this stuff up, I'd note yet again online.
I'd say again, as a Canadian who does not trust at the least the mental health evaluations that have been put out there about Trump, in his second term as POTUS, alone:
What the 'fuddle duddle' (Pierre Trudeau expression, in trying to cover up a public utterance of his in western Canada, when he was Prime Minister decades ago, long before he eventually passed on) were too many of our friends in the United States of America (which is undeniably the greatest military superpower on Earth, for decades now) thinking when they voted for Trump to be POTUS for a second time in 2024??:
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/commen ... _him_days/
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
For anyone's consideration, the following admittedly would seem to include some rather unprovable/unbelievable things:Matt Mackenzie wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:43 pmDavid I*c*ke, even. Didn't he claim to be "Son Of The Godhead", whatever that might be??
Regarding my suggested remedy to our present world crisis (see point 5, in the following link):
https://lnkd.in/eA_VUbxn
First of all, about my own #religion: I currently would be regarded as a rather unorthodox Christian. Here are some of my beliefs (much of the material that follows is already available within a blog entry of mine that can be found within the Chess Federation of Canada's Discussion Board):
1. Where people end up:
Reincarnation is possible and may well be commonplace. Happens to those not good enough for one well known place, nor bad enough for the other. Even those who may go to the other may ultimately be saved from there if they haven't been too bad. Incidentally, I have heard that in Orthodox Judaism, the possibility of reincarnation isn't ruled out.
2. Is the apocalypse nigh?:
I believe there is a big chance that we're soon about to be spared from that, and possibly from far worse (e.g. all-out global nuclear war). Note, however, that there are many views on possible End Times scenarios. I'd advise: don't guess, pray at least once in your lifetime for a sacred text (whatever that may turn out to be) to be enforced (asap, preferably) 'as if from above'. For Christians in particular, here's a few of my own (unprovable) experiences that have helped me in drawing my own conclusions from (on top of more credible things I've noted in the link I've given), if you are hesistant to try what I suggest: I've had memories (starting around 1990) of a past life in the Middle Ages, when I learned that someone nasty (ID was hard to verify, back then, such as for a translator) was involved with mistranslating the bible into English (with relatively few changes, perhaps, so as not to clue in believers at the time, too much, re: a possible deception). He somehow turned (more or less, perhaps) a few parts of it to make parts of it act as a kind of 'spell book'. Anyway, there is a point in the Last Book where it talks of the LORD and JC getting new names. It is known that the d_v_l always wanted to take G_d's place, so I put two and two together. That's without even yet considering whether there might be any special 'code' in the bible that's as if 'below the surface'. Besides all these things, I still can only guess at e.g. who the AntiChrist may turn out to be (if ever is one - hope not); well, POTUS Trump all but self-declared himself, on that score, with his recent AI images in his PR battle vs. Pope. Also, who is 'He who Restrains'? Assuming if ever an Anti-C is revealed (even Trump, already??), many in USA think 'Rapture (if any, ever) of' The Church (='Restrainer', that's thus 'Removed'). It could easily be anyone that's 'The Restrainer', I think (perhaps even an average guy, like.. me? - just kidding). By the way, what does being 'Removed' feel like? If it were supposed to happen to an average guy like me, I don't really wish to know. Please pray, e.g. as I've advised to in point 5, in the link that I gave further above.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- John Upham
- Posts: 8358
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Have you met Alan Llewellyn by any chance?
https://www.alanllewellynchess.co.uk/al_home.htm
Just wondered if you have similar world views?
https://www.alanllewellynchess.co.uk/al_home.htm
Just wondered if you have similar world views?
NEW !!!! In 2001 I went on the ICC chess club and beat a ton of grandmasters and titled players so easily they thought I was Bobby Fischer in disguise. This culminated in a match versus Nigel Short which I won very easily adding to the rumours I was Bobby as Nigel Short announced to the world he had just been beat by Bobby. Below is one of the many videos of that event none of them declare the truth it was me.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Assuming you're addressing me, John, you must be pretty quick at reading a Post and/or typing/pre-loading one of your Posts (seeing as how there was only about 5 minutes between my latest post and yours in this Thread, according to the times given for which we each made our Posts (by the ECF Forum ). Are you sure you carry out those things that are listed in your signature as professionally as you can, in regard to your inter-personal skills?
In any case, unless I see evidence to the contrary, I hereby dub thee a TROLL.
In any case, unless I see evidence to the contrary, I hereby dub thee a TROLL.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
-
James Plaskett
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 pm
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Agree that no words may convey the insanity of the Americal electorate electing even once Donald Trump. Let alone twice.
David Icke was a goalie... and a different take on the game can go hand in hand with unusualness - a different take on life.
(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle kept goal for Portsmouth Town. Existentialist writer Albert Camus kept goal for Algeria.)
(And I think the Hamlet quote ought to be -
There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in Your philosophy, Horatio!")
David Icke was a goalie... and a different take on the game can go hand in hand with unusualness - a different take on life.
(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle kept goal for Portsmouth Town. Existentialist writer Albert Camus kept goal for Algeria.)
(And I think the Hamlet quote ought to be -
There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in Your philosophy, Horatio!")
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Thanks for your considered reply. At the moment I’m somewhat short of time and may get back to you later. Re: the Hamlet quote in my Signature: I saw an actor say …our rather than …your in a snippet online one time. I checked to see if…our has ever been used instead of the well known …your. The answer is that either word has been used - there are two Folio versions of Shakespeare that one may choose from, with each having one word or the other used in the Hamlet quote (I even looked up how to officially quote the Folio version I chose in terms of its notation, a while back, somewhere online). Using ..our somehow seems more polite (I sometimes am not so politically correct though). 
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Kevin Pacey wrote: ↑Fri May 08, 2026 4:48 pmFor anyone's consideration, the following admittedly would seem to include some rather unprovable/unbelievable things:Matt Mackenzie wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:43 pmDavid I*c*ke, even. Didn't he claim to be "Son Of The Godhead", whatever that might be??
Regarding my suggested remedy to our present world crisis (see point 5, in the following link):
https://lnkd.in/eA_VUbxn
First of all, about my own #religion: I currently would be regarded as a rather unorthodox Christian. Here are some of my beliefs (much of the material that follows is already available within a blog entry of mine that can be found within the Chess Federation of Canada's Discussion Board):
1. Where people end up:
Reincarnation is possible and may well be commonplace. Happens to those not good enough for one well known place, nor bad enough for the other. Even those who may go to the other may ultimately be saved from there if they haven't been too bad. Incidentally, I have heard that in Orthodox Judaism, the possibility of reincarnation isn't ruled out.
2. Is the apocalypse nigh?:
I believe there is a big chance that we're soon about to be spared from that, and possibly from far worse (e.g. all-out global nuclear war). Note, however, that there are many views on possible End Times scenarios. I'd advise: don't guess, pray at least once in your lifetime for a sacred text (whatever that may turn out to be) to be enforced (asap, preferably) 'as if from above'. For Christians in particular, here's a few of my own (unprovable) experiences that have helped me in drawing my own conclusions from (on top of more credible things I've noted in the link I've given), if you are hesistant to try what I suggest: I've had memories (starting around 1990) of a past life in the Middle Ages, when I learned that someone nasty (ID was hard to verify, back then, such as for a translator) was involved with mistranslating the bible into English (with relatively few changes, perhaps, so as not to clue in believers at the time, too much, re: a possible deception). He somehow turned (more or less, perhaps) a few parts of it to make parts of it act as a kind of 'spell book'. Anyway, there is a point in the Last Book where it talks of the LORD and JC getting new names. It is known that the d_v_l always wanted to take G_d's place, so I put two and two together. That's without even yet considering whether there might be any special 'code' in the bible that's as if 'below the surface'. Besides all these things, I still can only guess at e.g. who the AntiChrist may turn out to be (if ever is one - hope not); well, POTUS Trump all but self-declared himself, on that score, with his recent AI images in his PR battle vs. Pope. Also, who is 'He who Restrains'? Assuming if ever an Anti-C is revealed (even Trump, already??), many in USA think 'Rapture (if any, ever) of' The Church (='Restrainer', that's thus 'Removed'). It could easily be anyone that's 'The Restrainer', I think (perhaps even an average guy, like.. me? - just kidding). By the way, what does being 'Removed' feel like? If it were supposed to happen to an average guy like me, I don't really wish to know. Please pray, e.g. as I've advised to in point 5, in the link that I gave further above.
17-May-2026 [addendum] edit:
[Based on email to #atheist friend]: I get asking why #God made what you call The Design as is. I'd reply as I heard on radio yrs ago: I'm not in management. I've mostly ceased trying to defend what I mainly in thought call The System. By my life/our world eg leaders/weaponry coming soon may be sort of global 'Reset' as half in jest you & I've happened to call.
In '25 I'd guess majority of us still being here if/after a Reset (also any may forget/recall things as sudden sort of miracle maybe even going by my youth 10s yrs ago). Reality's Judeo-#Christian-like (doubters have 1 'out' in saying schizophrenia may cause believing/perceiving things in this Comment) based on some basic facts I'm certain of due to what I've experienced/perceived including my certainty about some vivid memories of parts of a life I lived in Middle Ages.
I'd note of #scripture (that may in places speak of our day & what must/may occur): some scholars think there's currently no exact version of it on Earth, as online searches show. As for a few other basic facts about Reality I'm certain of: The Father, The Son (& The Trinity), Angels (eg Guardian), Virgin Mary & (still, at least currently) a certain (maybe very badly underestimated) snake do exist.
Some #religion anecdotes1960s: I saw man on cross on sun on half cloudy day. Maybe made to forget before share. Yrs later recalled maybe to cheer up. Mid1980s In library glanced at piece of paper, put down & looked away, looked back & it's gone; among words: Who says #God doesn't have a sense of humor? 1 night changed TVchannel, saw preacher. He acted funny but then serious&interactive, telling me things I'd got wrong but got past. I then was shown snippets re the future sometimes re what I'd be thinking or news re future I'd later see eg on a TV. All it seems without my ever knowing context (eg 9/11 footage). I don't recall how what He showed me ended as I seem to have been made to forget even He (after falling asleep) until 1990. I've since recalled many snippets (after a corresponding event occurs) maybe as milestones saying I'm on course. 1990 Had many memories eg Middle Ages life I had. After recalled He exists I wondered if He has sense of humor then recalled paper in library. D_v_l began bugging me (up to as much as I can bear I learned) eg simulated pain. I'd been as if tagged by nasty person near end of Middle Ages life I had, at least until exact #scriptures are again enforced on Earth as if from above, which I pray for.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Note that a Google AI search may reveal that the LORD has in one way or another, it’s been said, in cases throughout history answered prayers (even first-time ones) made by even non-believers of Christianity. Such a search also may reveal that basically all persons (holding any belief system) who are at all fair at some point in their lives believe in what’s known as The Golden Rule, and I would think that He very much takes that into consideration if and when deciding to answer a prayer (the power/potential of which cannot be overstated).
While I know why it’s a great idea to pray (and what for) at this point in history (with the existence of so many WMDs such as nukes, and so many world leaders who are possibly insane at the least, like Trump), I worry that others do not understand the urgent need to pray (and more to the point, what for) nearly as much, to say the least. I am now getting old. I feel as if beat up inside daily more and more by an invisible enemy that is supernatural (though I cannot prove it I believe it’s quite possibly being caused by the d_v_l itself). My morale has been okay for most of my life (this one at least) but these days I worry about losing at least such a steady level of morale, alone. It would be great if I knew for sure that there are others who have prayed for a similar thing as I do even once in their lives. I personally think that the LORD logically would not have began Creation if He thought that the d_v_l would ever have a real chance of at the least wiping out humanity, never mind wiping out everything else besides the d_v_l itself. At times though, my morale wavers even on that score - that’s about as clear or simple I can make things for viewers, if they grant me any credibility at this time.
While I know why it’s a great idea to pray (and what for) at this point in history (with the existence of so many WMDs such as nukes, and so many world leaders who are possibly insane at the least, like Trump), I worry that others do not understand the urgent need to pray (and more to the point, what for) nearly as much, to say the least. I am now getting old. I feel as if beat up inside daily more and more by an invisible enemy that is supernatural (though I cannot prove it I believe it’s quite possibly being caused by the d_v_l itself). My morale has been okay for most of my life (this one at least) but these days I worry about losing at least such a steady level of morale, alone. It would be great if I knew for sure that there are others who have prayed for a similar thing as I do even once in their lives. I personally think that the LORD logically would not have began Creation if He thought that the d_v_l would ever have a real chance of at the least wiping out humanity, never mind wiping out everything else besides the d_v_l itself. At times though, my morale wavers even on that score - that’s about as clear or simple I can make things for viewers, if they grant me any credibility at this time.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio
- Kevin Pacey
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:47 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Re: God is SO back (popular phrase) idea re: asking Him to remedy our world crisis
Hello again, Grandmaster Plaskett (if I recall correctly, we have been 1st degree connections on LinkedIn for well over a year by now).James Plaskett wrote: ↑Thu May 14, 2026 8:51 amAgree that no words may convey the insanity of the Americal electorate electing even once Donald Trump. Let alone twice.
David Icke was a goalie... and a different take on the game can go hand in hand with unusualness - a different take on life.
(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle kept goal for Portsmouth Town. Existentialist writer Albert Camus kept goal for Algeria.)
(And I think the Hamlet quote ought to be -
There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in Your philosophy, Horatio!")
Here's the entire quote of a fresh post that I've recently made on LinkedIn's website, that you (or others) may find interesting (or perhaps even at least somewhat relevant to this thread I'm posting in now, re: religious matters (i.e. that I started here, on this ECF Forum):
"Here's Google AI's answer to question: Are any of nine known nations that have #nuclearweapons that also have as their leaders #trump #modi #putin #netanyahu #starmer #macron #PakistanLeader #Xi #NorthKoreanLeader provably not led by a #worldleader who is corrupt incompetent evil or insane on 2 june 2026 (note that AI answers may vary even if same search keywords are used per search that's tried):
https://lnkd.in/eVQ9rV3W
"
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in our philosophy.” - (Hamlet F1 1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio