Royal Ascot

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Post Reply
John Townsend
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Royal Ascot

Post by John Townsend » Tue Jun 17, 2025 12:26 pm

Royal Ascot opens today. Does anyone have any tips or useful information?

In a lower category, I have slight fancies for Notable Speech (2.30) and Ruling Court (4.20).

Followers of Geoff Chandler's (ruinous) system will probably look no further than King's Gambit in the 5.35.

User avatar
Joey Stewart
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: All Of Them
Contact:

Re: Royal Ascot

Post by Joey Stewart » Tue Jun 17, 2025 4:36 pm

Best tip is to sign up via a bookie online that gives you free bets so you can have a few gambles on it without spending your own money - there's also places that offer extra places (e.g. you get paid if your horse comes anywhere in 1-6 place rather then the usual 1-3) which are good value for the longer odds horses that might not win but can still finish and give you a share of say 50/1 odds.
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.

Geoff Chandler
Posts: 3821
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 pm
Location: Under Cover
Contact:

Re: Royal Ascot

Post by Geoff Chandler » Wed Jun 18, 2025 10:05 pm

John Townsend wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 17, 2025 12:26 pm
Followers of Geoff Chandler's (ruinous) system will probably look no further than King's Gambit in the 5.35.
I did, I had too, but I did not fancy it and odds too low for e/way so lost 50p but made a wee profit on 'French Master.' in the next race. Those were the only two I bet on.

Have placed 50p e/way on 'Chess Dad' ( I got chess socks on Father's Day) tomorrow 3:05 at 66/1 paying out 1-5 places.
And 50p e/way on 'The Lost King' at 27/1 running in the 17:00 paying out on 1-4.
I have also done a 10p e/way double. When they both win I'll be £180.00 up and be glad.

Post Reply