Page 1 of 1

Royal Ascot

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2025 12:26 pm
by John Townsend
Royal Ascot opens today. Does anyone have any tips or useful information?

In a lower category, I have slight fancies for Notable Speech (2.30) and Ruling Court (4.20).

Followers of Geoff Chandler's (ruinous) system will probably look no further than King's Gambit in the 5.35.

Re: Royal Ascot

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2025 4:36 pm
by Joey Stewart
Best tip is to sign up via a bookie online that gives you free bets so you can have a few gambles on it without spending your own money - there's also places that offer extra places (e.g. you get paid if your horse comes anywhere in 1-6 place rather then the usual 1-3) which are good value for the longer odds horses that might not win but can still finish and give you a share of say 50/1 odds.

Re: Royal Ascot

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2025 10:05 pm
by Geoff Chandler
John Townsend wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 17, 2025 12:26 pm
Followers of Geoff Chandler's (ruinous) system will probably look no further than King's Gambit in the 5.35.
I did, I had too, but I did not fancy it and odds too low for e/way so lost 50p but made a wee profit on 'French Master.' in the next race. Those were the only two I bet on.

Have placed 50p e/way on 'Chess Dad' ( I got chess socks on Father's Day) tomorrow 3:05 at 66/1 paying out 1-5 places.
And 50p e/way on 'The Lost King' at 27/1 running in the 17:00 paying out on 1-4.
I have also done a 10p e/way double. When they both win I'll be £180.00 up and be glad.