Events in Japan

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Christopher Kreuzer

Events in Japan

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 pm

I mentioned a quick win I had recently in another thread. Of course, chess and other sports seem a bit less important after the events in Japan. :( I'd been reading about that in a newspaper before the game, and following it over the weekend, and the news keeps getting worse. The before and after pictures are absolutely horrendous.

Gavin Strachan

Re: Events in Japan

Post by Gavin Strachan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Seems like chaos around the world with everything that is has been going on. I wonder if anyone has booked a holiday to Japan/Haiti/New Zealand/Tunisia/Egypt/Libya/Bahrain or were thinking of visiting for some reason or other.

Alex Holowczak

Re: Events in Japan

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Gavin Strachan wrote: I wonder if anyone has booked a holiday to Japan/Haiti/New Zealand/Tunisia/Egypt/Libya/Bahrain or were thinking of visiting for some reason or other.
The Bahrain Grand Prix has been cancelled, with the hope to rearrange it during the year.

The Japanese Motorcycle Grand Prix has been moved to the end of the year, even though Motegi (the track on which it'd be held) is absolutely fine. The road linking it to Tokyo isn't.

Presumably tourists to those events might have been visiting!