Bin Laden Dead

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Jon D'Souza-Eva

Re: Bin Laden Dead

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 am

The Obama / Osama typo is incredibly common!

George Szaszvari

Post by George Szaszvari » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Kevin Thurlow wrote:"Dunno. I went to boarding school in Abbotabad and I know the town. It is an army stronghold. Obama's occupying a three-storey house would have been known to the military. "

"Obama"? Shome mishtake, shurely?
Not necessarily :wink:

A Freudian slip, perhaps? There are a lot of people over here who more or less equate Obama with Osama.
Perhaps the former just couldn't stand being upstaged by the latter any longer.... :shock:

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 pm

George Szaszvari wrote:
Kevin Thurlow wrote:"Dunno. I went to boarding school in Abbotabad and I know the town. It is an army stronghold. Obama's occupying a three-storey house would have been known to the military. "

"Obama"? Shome mishtake, shurely?
Not necessarily :wink:

A Freudian slip, perhaps? There are a lot of stupid people over here who more or less equate Obama with Osama.
Perhaps the former just couldn't stand being upstaged by the latter any longer.... :shock:
Message edited for accuracy :P
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Thu May 05, 2011 12:12 am

This whole discussion may be moot as it's looking like the assassination never occurred -- just more political theatre.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Fri May 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Arshad Ali wrote:This whole discussion may be moot as it's looking like the assassination never occurred -- just more political theatre.
Well, AQ have now admitted his death, so unless they are in on the conspiracy........
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Sat May 07, 2011 4:15 am

The story keeps changing.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=24669

Rest assured, however, that Oceania cannot allow Osama Bin Goldstein to perish: he's too convenient to have around. Personally, I think he died years ago, but it's been handy for the empire to claim otherwise.

George Szaszvari

Post by George Szaszvari » Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 am

Arshad Ali wrote:The story keeps changing.

Rest assured, however, that Oceania cannot allow Osama Bin Goldstein to perish: he's too convenient to have around. Personally, I think he died years ago, but it's been handy for the empire to claim otherwise.
Sure, I don't trust governments and their secret intelligence services, or the military-industrial complex,
etc, but first you say he cannot be dead because certain interests cannot allow it, then you believe he
died years ago? And you give one web opinion that exists only for conspiracy theories... I'm open minded,
but, come on, isn't there something more substantial? Perhaps WikiLeaks can help here? :wink:

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 am

George Szaszvari wrote:
Arshad Ali wrote:The story keeps changing.

Sure, I don't trust governments and their secret intelligence services, or the military-industrial complex,
etc, but first you say he cannot be dead because certain interests cannot allow it, then you believe he
died years ago? And you give one web opinion that exists only for conspiracy theories... I'm open minded,
but, come on, isn't there something more substantial? Perhaps WikiLeaks can help here? :wink:
In my exceedingly humble opinion he died years ago but his spectre has been kept alive all this time. What I'm saying is that even though that spectre was done away with a week back, it will have to be resurrected in some form -- "Son of Osama," "Bride of Osama" (like the "B" films, "Son of Frankenstein," "Bride of Chucky," "Halloween 6") etcetera. Hmmm, US propaganda and disinformation is becoming like a tiresome and unending series of "B" flicks ....

There's a variety of web links arguing that Osama was not assassinated last week -- there are simply too many holes in the story, and it's been revised too many times.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Look there are plenty of wacko sites out there, do we have to suffer this tiresome garbage here?

Carl, can we have some "doodododoo" X-Files music to warn us when we are about to be transported into the Twilight?

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:
Look there are plenty of wacko sites out there, do we have to suffer this tiresome garbage here?

Carl, can we have some "doodododoo" X-Files music to warn us when we are about to be transported into the Twilight?
That's why we have the Not Chess section, isn't it? Before we had it, I remember directing the following post at you (at the time of the General Election):
David Sedgwick wrote:Dare I suggest that some of these posts are going rather off topic? This is the English CHESS Forum.

There are any number of political forums where people are currently debating the sort of issues raised by Paul M, Alex H and Matt M.

I think that on here we should stick to aspects of the election which have a connection to chess.
And at least those who post on this forum have to give their names.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon May 09, 2011 4:37 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:That's why we have the Not Chess section, isn't it?
I didn't equate "Not Chess" with "Alternative Reality" or "Bizarre Psychology", but perhaps the correct classification might be "What Bobby Fischer might have thought were he still alive". Never mind. Osama bin Laden died perhaps thinking he would be received in Paradise to be served in eternity by a legion of houris. Others think he died years ago, is running the American government, is alive and well on a ranch in Wyoming, whatever, all crackpot fodder.

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:
David Sedgwick wrote:That's why we have the Not Chess section, isn't it?
I didn't equate "Not Chess" with "Alternative Reality" or "Bizarre Psychology", but perhaps the correct classification might be "What Bobby Fischer might have thought were he still alive". Never mind. Osama bin Laden died perhaps thinking he would be received in Paradise to be served in eternity by a legion of houris. Others think he died years ago, is running the American government, is alive and well on a ranch in Wyoming, whatever, all crackpot fodder.
There's no corpse, no photographs, nothing. Just the changing words of the US government -- the same that assured us Saddam had WMD and that Saddam and Osama were cohabiting. This is "Not Chess"; no-one is exactly forcing this thread on you. Now go back to your mainstream media feed.

Rob Thompson

Post by Rob Thompson » Mon May 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I suspect the revisions were more because the USA were concerned about how shooting an unarmed prisoner (as he was by the time of his killing) would be seen worldwide than because of any ideas that he had been dead for years.
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.

Arshad Ali

Post by Arshad Ali » Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:I suspect the revisions were more because the USA were concerned about how shooting an unarmed prisoner (as he was by the time of his killing) would be seen worldwide than because of any ideas that he had been dead for years.
Could well be. First they said there was a firefight - then no firefight. Then that Osama used a woman as a shield -- then no shield. Then that Obama & Co. were watching everything live -- then they weren't. I suspect the final version will be they shot some bearded guy -- but hey, all bearded guys are the same. It's all speculation on our part. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but the official account often just ain't so.

George Szaszvari

Post by George Szaszvari » Tue May 10, 2011 4:08 am

Arshad Ali wrote:
Rob Thompson wrote:I suspect the revisions were more because the USA were concerned about how shooting an unarmed prisoner (as he was by the time of his killing) would be seen worldwide than because of any ideas that he had been dead for years.
Could well be. First they said there was a firefight - then no firefight. Then that Osama used a woman as a shield -- then no shield. Then that Obama & Co. were watching everything live -- then they weren't. I suspect the final version will be they shot some bearded guy -- but hey, all bearded guys are the same. It's all speculation on our part. Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but the official account often just ain't so.
All this has been well noted over here, too, (by those who do not look through rose tinted glasses)
and if there is one thing consistent about the current US administration it is the way it thrives on
obfuscation and inconsistency. Keep 'em guessing and never waste a good crisis....