Gibbonwatch
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:41 am
I was shocked and saddened to read the story pointed out in a recent thread What's this all about then?. I have no intention of discussing this thread, as it not clear yet what the facts of the case are, and it is always possible that a criminal prosecution might arise, which would cause the matter to fall sub judice.
However, it was suggested on that thread that Steve Giddins had something to say on the matter. Those that know me well will be aware that I haven't read anything that the hylobatid has vomited in many months, as I took the simple precaution of modifying the configuration of my router and PCs to prevent them from resolving the address of that particular creature's blogshite. Thinking that he might actually have something useful to say, I reversed the configuration changes.
Sadly, I was confronted with the usual rubbish.
To begin with, the idiot apparently believes that it is no great problem not to provide Muslim children in the care of the ECF with suitable halal food. Again, I don't know the facts of the case. It is reported, rightly or wrongly, though, that the ECF originally gave guarantees to the family before they set out that their dietary needs would be catered for. Not only was this manifestly not done - if the reports are to be believed - but they were even offered pork. I cannot think of any single greater insult to a Muslim than that. I assume that the fool would not dream of offering pork to a Jew, so why he should think the differently of a Muslim, I really cannot understand.
To compound the matter, he then proceeds to find drinking alcohol in the presence of Muslim children a matter of no import. I know a number of Muslims - as I am sure most on this forum do - who although they might not drink alcohol themselves, are happy for their non-Muslim friends and acquaintances to drink whilst they themselves abstain. Naturally such tolerance is what oils civil society. However, that is an entirely different matter from drinking in the presence of children, when their parents have requested one not to.
This post is not an invitation to discuss the facts of that particular case. Carl has made it clear that he does not want that, and his reticence is entirely understandable. The post is a comment on the mindless nature of the Steve Giddins "journalism".
I have reconfigured my router and PCs. In future nothing will induce me to undo that configuration.
However, it was suggested on that thread that Steve Giddins had something to say on the matter. Those that know me well will be aware that I haven't read anything that the hylobatid has vomited in many months, as I took the simple precaution of modifying the configuration of my router and PCs to prevent them from resolving the address of that particular creature's blogshite. Thinking that he might actually have something useful to say, I reversed the configuration changes.
Sadly, I was confronted with the usual rubbish.
To begin with, the idiot apparently believes that it is no great problem not to provide Muslim children in the care of the ECF with suitable halal food. Again, I don't know the facts of the case. It is reported, rightly or wrongly, though, that the ECF originally gave guarantees to the family before they set out that their dietary needs would be catered for. Not only was this manifestly not done - if the reports are to be believed - but they were even offered pork. I cannot think of any single greater insult to a Muslim than that. I assume that the fool would not dream of offering pork to a Jew, so why he should think the differently of a Muslim, I really cannot understand.
To compound the matter, he then proceeds to find drinking alcohol in the presence of Muslim children a matter of no import. I know a number of Muslims - as I am sure most on this forum do - who although they might not drink alcohol themselves, are happy for their non-Muslim friends and acquaintances to drink whilst they themselves abstain. Naturally such tolerance is what oils civil society. However, that is an entirely different matter from drinking in the presence of children, when their parents have requested one not to.
This post is not an invitation to discuss the facts of that particular case. Carl has made it clear that he does not want that, and his reticence is entirely understandable. The post is a comment on the mindless nature of the Steve Giddins "journalism".
I have reconfigured my router and PCs. In future nothing will induce me to undo that configuration.