NFL Fantasy Football

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Matthew Turner

Re: NFL Fantasy Football

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:18 pm

I'll be there tomorrow with Peter (my father). We've been to Minneapolis to see the Vikings, so Wembley is a marginally more convenient option!

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 am

Even as a self- professed non- NFL fan, I have to admit Dallas- Denver last night was a cracking match.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am

benedgell wrote:Even as a self- professed non- NFL fan, I have to admit Dallas- Denver last night was a cracking match.
That was exactly what was going through my mind as Romo passed 500 passing yards and scored his 5th passing TD. :cry:

I need Matt Bryant to have a bad night in New York tonight to beat Eoin now.

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:50 am

Sambuca Shark have lost their unbeaten record, so the two Bens, Edgell and Purton sit atop the league with 5 - 1 records. It has been a really great start to the season and the Fantasy League has given it another angle of interest. Many thank to Alex for setting it up - I am almost sorry I beat you last week :twisted:

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 am

Matthew Turner wrote:Sambuca Shark have lost their unbeaten record, so the two Bens, Edgell and Purton sit atop the league with 5 - 1 records. It has been a really great start to the season and the Fantasy League has given it another angle of interest. Many thank to Alex for setting it up - I am almost sorry I beat you last week :twisted:
I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying it too. I prefer this to the Premier League version because we all have different players, after a while, the other one has pretty much 90% of the same players in all the teams...

If you want to make amends, we play again in week 12. :wink:

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 am

Next year's London fixtures have been announced and they look really interesting to me (well the last two at least)

The JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS will host the DALLAS COWBOYS.

The ATLANTA FALCONS will host the DETROIT LIONS.

The OAKLAND RAIDERS will host the MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Detroit are always good for high scoring games and I would think Oakland would generate a lot of atmosphere for their 'home' games.

Eoin Devane

Post by Eoin Devane » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Hopefully some good games there. To me as a fan of none of the teams, the Detroit@Atlanta game stands out - on paper it looks like a potential shootout and the chance to see playmakers like Megatron and Julio Jones will be fantastic. Miami@Oakland could be fun as well with two such well-supported teams coming over. Plus Oakland actually has a couple of Brits on its roster! Finally, we can only hope that Jacksonville will be better next year. They should at least have a good rookie QB such as Teddy Bridgewater leading them, and they do already have a couple of decent players there already (Luke Joeckel, Justin Blackmon, MJD for instance), so even that fixture could be more even than Sunday's game is shaping up to be!

I'll be going along to Wembley again for the game this Sunday. :D We got a really good game last time, so I'm just hoping that Jacksonville can find some way to make this another close one. Also hoping that the approaching storm doesn't arrive early!

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:14 pm

I've beaten one of the Bens :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bring it on Histon Hawks.

Eoin Devane

Post by Eoin Devane » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:Bring it on Histon Hawks.
Bring it on!

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 am

The big footballing story of the week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... s-adorable

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 am

Matthew Turner wrote:The big footballing story of the week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... s-adorable
Not quite the big US-sport story of the week.

With David Ortiz currently 11/15 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs in the World Series, and an OBP of .750, it's clear who should be voted as MVP in the World Series.

Not Ortiz, but the guy who made and threw this during Game 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXs8NuTpuas

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 am

It is amazing how close the points scored are between the teams ranked 2nd - 5th. However, it looks like 3 play-off spots are nailed on with 2 weeks remaining. Who will take that 4th spot and join the two Bens and Eoin in the postseason? Congratulations to Go Browns for recording their first win this week - great defence from the Bears getting me -2 :(

Eoin Devane

Post by Eoin Devane » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Yes, it's been incredibly close over the last few weeks in pretty much all matches. Shaping up for an exciting finish to the season!

Eoin Devane

Post by Eoin Devane » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:39 pm

This week's matchup will be tough for me - Forte and Peterson could put up 50 points between them for Steven on Sunday against those defences! I have six of my players playing in the GB@DET and NYG@WAS matchups at present, so will be hoping for two shootouts there!

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 pm