6 Nations

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Paul McKeown

6 Nations

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Can anyone explain to me when a rolling maul these days falls foul of "truck and trailer"? It just seems to be that the defenders haven't a hope with current interpretations, the ball carrier is ten players removed from the rumble. Thinking of the Ireland game today, in particular. Not that I'm complaining about the result, being an Ireland fan. Just something that has had me increasingly perplexed over the past few seasons.

PeterTurland

Re: 6 Nations

Post by PeterTurland » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 pm

This is a non post
Last edited by PeterTurland on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Paul McKeown wrote:Can anyone explain to me when a rolling maul these days falls foul of "truck and trailer"? It just seems to be that the defenders haven't a hope with current interpretations, the ball carrier is ten players removed from the rumble. Thinking of the Ireland game today, in particular. Not that I'm complaining about the result, being an Ireland fan. Just something that has had me increasingly perplexed over the past few seasons.
I'm guessing that this
PeterTurland wrote:Whale oil, I would be hard put to it, as to the difference between emotional consciousnesses , in terms of wheather you are being slightly different, if you are trying to put in terms of causality if you are a male or a female ? To males, the current environment is not enough, to femals the moon is too much, we belong on the earth to despeiate it, good night world.
is not quite the response you were expecting. :lol:

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Paul McKeown wrote:Can anyone explain to me when a rolling maul these days falls foul of "truck and trailer"? It just seems to be that the defenders haven't a hope with current interpretations, the ball carrier is ten players removed from the rumble. Thinking of the Ireland game today, in particular. Not that I'm complaining about the result, being an Ireland fan. Just something that has had me increasingly perplexed over the past few seasons.
I'm guessing that this
PeterTurland wrote:Whale oil, I would be hard put to it, as to the difference between emotional consciousnesses , in terms of wheather you are being slightly different, if you are trying to put in terms of causality if you are a male or a female ? To males, the current environment is not enough, to femals the moon is too much, we belong on the earth to despeiate it, good night world.
is not quite the response you were expecting. :lol:
Oh, I don't know. With Peter's having written it, it's quite possible it was the response he was expecting.

(It wasn't the response he was seeking, of course.)

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Are you on drugs?

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:41 am

He's probably on his imaginary yatch dreaming of another, better world.
What did Scotland fall foul of today was it the rules of the game or just England?

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:47 am

As far as I'm aware, players in front are still offside if the ball carrier binds from the rear. Sadly, I missed the game yesterday, so didn't see the incidents you refer to but I enjoyed the result nonetheless!

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 am

Sean Hewitt wrote:As far as I'm aware, players in front are still offside if the ball carrier binds from the rear.
Quite. Never seems to draw the attention of the ref these days. Ten years ago, refs came down on it like a ton of bricks. It seems to me that various laws of rugby are neglected in a cyclical fashion, until someone decides that enough is enough and then suddenly all the refs make a big issue of it.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:20 am

Wales were due a good pasting at Irish hands, and it was delightful to watch. Looking forward to the next game at Twickenham, without any particular expectation regarding the result, though.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 am

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:54 pm

John McKenna wrote:He's probably on his imaginary yatch dreaming of another, better world.
What did Scotland fall foul of today was it the rules of the game or just England?
One England player has branded the Murrayfield (so named Before Andy) pitch, "This is elite sport and an international game can get ruined by a pitch like that." A pundit explains that the trouncing would have been even bigger had not the Scots been able to retreat into the bog of Calcutta.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:19 pm

John McKenna wrote:
John McKenna wrote:He's probably on his imaginary yatch dreaming of another, better world.
One England player has branded the Murrayfield (so named Before Andy) pitch, "This is elite sport and an international game can get ruined by a pitch like that." A pundit explains that the trouncing would have been even bigger had not the Scots been able to retreat into the bog of Calcutta.
We could exact revenge by holding next year's fixture at New Road:

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:41 pm

I don't know about other people, but I think that the referee, Steve Walsh, in the Italy - Scotland game has run up a large error count. Scotland, though, are pretty awful. Some good players, but not enough, no defence at all, and only a little penetration.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Whenever I see Steve Walsh refereeing an England game, I usually add 10pts to the opposition's score before the kick-off. When I saw he was in charge for the Wales-England showdown last year, I knew all hope had gone. In fairness though, I thought he had a decent game that day. And Wales didn't need his help anyway. But he can be very poor indeed. In fact, I'm not sure England have ever won when he's been the ref. Alex will know, I expect :)

England-Ireland? Too close to call

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

I'll make a prediction of sorts. If Ireland lose, Gordon d'Arcy will have bounced off half-a-dozen tackles and the English centres will have run straight through him.