Greece debt crisis

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
IM Jack Rudd

Re: Greece debt crisis

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Lost? I would have voted no in that referendum too.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:23 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:Lost? I would have voted no in that referendum too.
If you would have voted no but are instrumental in censoring the reasons for doing so, you are a very confused person.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:37 pm

If you would have voted no
But at least Jack has a basic grasp of grammar. As to calling Jack 'confused' after your various racist rants, I imagine that this is just another example of your well developed sense of self-parody.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Looks like it's over, Greece has won. Carl, in the light of this, any chance of restoring the pro-Greece comments which you removed earlier?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Mike Truran wrote:
If you would have voted no
But at least Jack has a basic grasp of grammar. .
Sorry, you've lost me.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:41 pm

NickFaulks wrote:Looks like it's over, Greece has won. Carl, in the light of this, any chance of restoring the pro-Greece comments which you removed earlier?
I removed nothing and didn't see the comments posted but I am here now to monitor.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Sorry, you've lost me.
Not really surprising.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
NickFaulks wrote:Looks like it's over, Greece has won. Carl, in the light of this, any chance of restoring the pro-Greece comments which you removed earlier?
I removed nothing and didn't see the comments posted but I am here now to monitor.
So how many people here do have the power to remove comments with which they disagree?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 pm

NickFaulks wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:
So how many people here do have the power to remove comments with which they disgree?
The moderation team of me and Jack although we delete very little.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:49 pm

You ( Jack) seem to delete anything that appears to criticise important people in the EU,

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:51 pm

The point was not that the comments were ones with which I disagreed - I allow all kinds of comments with which I disagree to remain. The point was specifically the comparison of the EU leadership to Nazis. The EU leadership have all kinds of policies to which I take exception, but they are not genocidal fascists.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:The point was not that the comments were ones with which I disagreed - I allow all kinds of comments with which I disagree to remain. The point was specifically the comparison of the EU leadership to Nazis. The EU leadership have all kinds of policies to which I take exception, but they are not genocidal fascists.
Dream on.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Produce some examples of their "genocidal fascism", then.

And I am somebody who, like Jack, is very pleased that Greece voted "No".
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Mike Truran wrote:
Sorry, you've lost me.
Not really surprising.
Highly humorous, I'm sure, but I would still like to know. I understand that you're irritated that your guys have lost a silly vote of the general population, but what is wrong with my grammar?

Michael Farthing

Post by Michael Farthing » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 pm

I didn't see Nick's comments, and am a bit surprised at the strength of his anger, but I have to say, Mike, I also am curious to know what precisely is wrong with his grammar. It is perhaps unconventional nowadays to use the conditional mood in the way that used to be considered proper, but it seems extreme to me to regard so doing as bad grammar.