Page 1 of 2
Transferring money to UK
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
Hello.
I need to transfer money to Barclays bank of UK. The guy at Mellat Bank told me they cannot transfer to
Barclays bank due to sanctions. So what do you suggest?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm
by IM Jack Rudd
A trusted friend with PayPal to act as an intermediary?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:04 pm
by Mick Norris
IM Jack Rudd wrote:A trusted friend with PayPal to act as an intermediary?
They would first have to check this list
HM Treasury and
Financial Sanctions
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
IM Jack Rudd wrote:A trusted friend with PayPal to act as an intermediary?
And how would I make sure they did it?
there is an institute that does these but I am not sure if you can transfer to banks via PayPal
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:27 am
by Joshua Gibbs
soheil_hooshdaran wrote:IM Jack Rudd wrote:A trusted friend with PayPal to act as an intermediary?
And how would I make sure they did it?
there is an institute that does these but I am not sure if you can transfer to banks via PayPal
My friend is in oregon, he can do transfer to other banks but i cant
You could link the bank account to your paypal
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:11 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
They can but they would charge a heavy stipend
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:37 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
1-The proprietors specified the royalty in Dollar. Is it OK to transfer Pond Sterling instead?
2-They only gave me the info of a Bank account. What if I pay them royalty through PayPal? It's probably cheaper for me.
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:42 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
Has anyone made payment via PayPal to Everyman Chess?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
Does transferring in pounds offer any benefits in the UK?
Do you lose money during exchanging GBP to USD?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 pm
by soheil_hooshdaran
I am travelling to Istanbul. May I transfer money from Istanbul to London?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:40 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
I am passing through HeathRow airport. can I transfer money from there?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
IM Jack Rudd wrote:A trusted friend with PayPal to act as an intermediary?
I can use PayPal, but I'm not sure how it can be transferred to the bank account in Barclays bank.
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 am
by Ian Thompson
soheil_hooshdaran wrote:I am passing through HeathRow airport. can I transfer money from there?
Inside the airport I think all you will find is bureaux de change. They will only change money from one currency to another for you, most likely at a very poor exchange rate, unless you've arranged it in advance.
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:51 am
by soheil_hooshdaran
Like what arrangement? Could you give an example please?
Re: Transferring money to UK
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:25 pm
by Ian Thompson
soheil_hooshdaran wrote:Like what arrangement? Could you give an example please?
This, for example. You order the currency online for collection at the airport. Although this one looks like they expect you to be resident in the UK, so perhaps it's not an option for you after all.