New Grade/Age Categories

General discussions about grading.
Nick Grey

Re: New Grade/Age Categories

Post by Nick Grey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 am

Some of us are very interested in the top players on the list for all. Gives lots of opportunities in the UK?
Has there ever been a 300+?
And London Chess Classic and Grand Tour here too - so well done those that organise these events, and get the players in.

Quite happy for a top-100 ENG. Would not want to exclude members of this forum and the talent in English Junior Squad, and their coaches, and team management.

Brian Valentine

Re: New Grade/Age Categories

Post by Brian Valentine » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 am

David Robertson wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:22 pm
IM Jack Rudd wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 pm
Your numbers are correct when looking at ENG players only. When looking at all players, player #100 is graded 255. (There are a lot of foreign players with very high grades based on Gibraltar and the Isle of Man.)
Right. Thanks for that clarification. It explains (I think) my incredulity that we (ie ENG) have so many players 230+. At these very high levels, Brian's information is junk in respect of ENG players, the subject of our interest here. So....over to Brian
David,

I'm prepared to provide useful information especially if I can gather it easily. The numbers provided required little effort as they are there to audit the process. The audit is not dependent on nationality. You already have the top 100 ENG players available on the website. If you think it justifies the effort, I'll put it on my list.

Brian