UPDATING GRADING DATA

General discussions about ratings.
johnhoddy

UPDATING GRADING DATA

Post by johnhoddy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 am

I have a fairly simple question. Should games played in 2020 now be appearing in the grading data base. I have had queries from a few players saying that their results are not appearing.

I use lms and was told a few months back that data would be collected without me having to submit it. This worked reasonably well for games player up to Jan 2020 although some files were not accepted because , I believe, I had not specified a treasurer. Others did not appear and I resorted to sending in the data manually . However nothing from my league, Derby and District, later then Jan 2020 has appeared although I have been told later results from other leagues have appeared. Can anyone tell me what is going on .

John Hoddy derbyshire grader

Kevin Thurlow

Re: UPDATING GRADING DATA

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm sure Brian Valentine will help if you ask him!

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

johnhoddy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 am
I have a fairly simple question. Should games played in 2020 now be appearing in the grading data base. I have had queries from a few players saying that their results are not appearing.

I use lms and was told a few months back that data would be collected without me having to submit it. This worked reasonably well for games player up to Jan 2020 although some files were not accepted because , I believe, I had not specified a treasurer. Others did not appear and I resorted to sending in the data manually . However nothing from my league, Derby and District, later then Jan 2020 has appeared although I have been told later results from other leagues have appeared. Can anyone tell me what is going on .
See http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/new/menu.php and click on "Events Received".

Derby and District League is shown as having reported results for both halves of the year.

Jo Woollard

Post by Jo Woollard » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Re league games, I think each half of the season usually appear when the new grades have been released, for example at the January update you can see the previous July - Dec games and at the July update you can then see Jan - June games. I don’t know though if this is the case going forward with the potential new grading system.

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Jo Woollard wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:40 pm
Re league games, I think each half of the season usually appear when the new grades have been released, for example at the January update you can see the previous July - Dec games and at the July update you can then see Jan - June games.
No, they appear in the next monthly update after they've been graded. For example, the results of these leagues are all currently visible - London League, Central London League, Middlesex League. The last update was 27 June.

What you say, may, in practise, often be true. Any league with games played in December won't be graded until later in December, or January, so probably won't have had chance to appear until the January update. Likewise, with leagues finishing in June for the July update (in normal times).