How to obtain a personal list of graded games?

General discussions about ratings.
Alexander Hardwick

How to obtain a personal list of graded games?

Post by Alexander Hardwick » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 am

I was just wondering how I should go about getting a printed list of my personal games that have been sent in for grading this summer? I seem to remember I received one automatically by email 2 years ago. That was the only time I received one.

In particular, since last summer I have played quite a few games, so it would be nice to check that all my results are correct in the ECF database. So, does anyone know how to obtain one of these lists? Or has the ECF discontinued them?

John Upham

Re: How to obtain a personal list of graded games?

Post by John Upham » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 am

Would you pay a small fee (via say PayPal) to download this list from ECF web site?

Just wondering....

I'm sure this idea has already occurred and is being progressed. :D
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 am

It depends on which band of member you are:
Non-member: £10
Standard/Junior member: £5
Full member: Free

John Upham

Post by John Upham » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 am

Let us say (for the sake of argument) that the ECF membership system was brought securely on-line (and the alleged stupid requirement for a signature was removed), I would propose that the membership database (currently there are four disconnected ones bodged together in Access : this is one reason people get multiple copies of the same thing) it could interface with a number of other on-line services including one to interrogate your rating records for the current and past seasons.

Right now there are separate unconnected databases in a variety of legacy unsupported flavours.

A proper overhaul could see considerable streamlining with consequent improvements in efficiency and cost saving.

I can see considerable resistance to this especially improvements to the membership system for obvious HR reasons.

In short, all is possible provided the imagination and will exists.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 am

Alexander Hardwick wrote:I was just wondering how I should go about getting a printed list of my personal games that have been sent in for grading this summer? I seem to remember I received one automatically by email 2 years ago. That was the only time I received one.
You may wish to get in touch with Richard Haddrell - his address will be at http://www.sccu.ndo.co.uk

Part of his checking process of the grading processing is to send out a list a raw results (not calculations) to everyone on his circulation list. It makes sense for this to be as wide as possible since the objective is to eliminate the possibility that entire events have been missed out, results duplicated or that individual results are incorrect. For those of us that keep a personal database of games it's very easy to check. In recent years, the results have been 100% reliable.