2010-2011 Grades?

General discussions about grading.
User avatar
Adam Raoof
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: NW4 4UY
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Adam Raoof » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:47 pm

William Metcalfe wrote:I got my results for this season today by email so i can check to make sure there are no mistakes.
Did every other bcf member get there result list today
I got mine from Richard Haddrell on 1st July.
Adam Raoof IA, IO
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Tornelo - https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/chess-england
Simon Williams "The Ginger GM" - https://gingergm.com/ref/106.html
Don’t stop playing chess!

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Adam Raoof wrote:
William Metcalfe wrote:I got my results for this season today by email so i can check to make sure there are no mistakes.
Did every other bcf member get there result list today
I got mine from Richard Haddrell on 1st July.
July 1: Raoof
July 2: Metcalfe

Maybe it's reverse alphabetical order? In which case, I should be coming up some time soon. 8)

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 19262
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote: Maybe it's reverse alphabetical order? In which case, I should be coming up some time soon. 8)
Mine is dated July 1st.

At a guess, they're coming out in grading code order.

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:56 pm

You're probably right. Still, 22... v 26..., so I guess mine can't be far away.

Mick Norris
Posts: 8424
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Mick Norris » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Mine was received 1 July mid-afternoon
Any postings on here represent my personal views and should not be taken as representative of the Manchester Chess Federation www.manchesterchess.co.uk

John Upham
Posts: 5053
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by John Upham » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:16 pm

For those who do not receive their "play list" as a consequence of having a different class of membership (I am entirely Standard, for example) is one entitled to make a request for this data under a Freedom of Information Act, 2000 type request? I imagine an individual is entitled to make such a request for any personal data held by the ECF? Are there any FoIA enthusiasts out there?
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:21 pm

John Upham wrote:For those who do not receive their "play list" as a consequence of having a different class of membership (I am entirely Standard, for example) is one entitled to make a request for this data under a Freedom of Information Act, 2000 type request? I imagine an individual is entitled to make such a request for any personal data held by the ECF? Are there any FoIA enthusiasts out there?
Standard members get it too, so don't panic! :wink:

Besides, everyone is getting the information in the long run when it's published online.

The only reason you haven't yet, it would appear, is that sending e-mails take time, and you're roughly near the bottom of the list due to having a high grading code.

John Upham
Posts: 5053
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by John Upham » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote: Besides, everyone is getting the information in the long run when it's published online.
Each "play list" will be published in detail on-line?

I was hoping to get it sooner rather than later to let RJH know of any corrections?

I am also hoping to set a record for the highest percentage of draws with more than 30 games played! :lol:

Who once said :
short draws are necessary, a means of conserving energy
?
Last edited by John Upham on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Paul Cooksey

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:Standard members get it too, so don't panic! :wink:
Only for a £5 fee thought, right?

I get curious at this time of year, but not quite enough to pay... :)

John Upham
Posts: 5053
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by John Upham » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Paul Cooksey wrote:
Only for a £5 fee thought, right?

I get curious at this time of year, but not quite enough to pay... :)
This is what I was told this time last year so I'm hoping a FoIA request cannot be charged for...
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:21 pm

John Upham wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote: Besides, everyone is getting the information in the long run when it's published online.
Each "play list" will be published in detail on-line?

I was hoping to get it sooner rather than later to let RJH know of any corrections?

I am also hoping to set a record for the highest percentage of draws with more than 30 games played! :lol:
RJH will e-mail you, as a standard member, at some point in the near future. He obviously hasn't got down as far as us yet. This is the list that you get that will prompt corrections.
John Upham wrote:
Paul Cooksey wrote:
Only for a £5 fee thought, right?

I get curious at this time of year, but not quite enough to pay... :)
This is what I was told this time last year so I'm hoping a FoIA request cannot be charged for...
This has been scrapped. All players' results will be published online, a la Yorkshire and FIDE, when the rating list is published online in July. This is in addition to the check e-mails that appear to be being sent out as we speak. Only members get those check e-mails, though.

Carl will be able to fill you in on the enhancements better than I can. :wink:

User avatar
Sebastian Stone
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Sebastian Stone » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:This has been scrapped. All players' results will be published online, a la Yorkshire and FIDE, when the rating list is published online in July. This is in addition to the check e-mails that appear to be being sent out as we speak. Only members get those check e-mails, though.

Carl will be able to fill you in on the enhancements better than I can. :wink:
All players? Even *spit* non members? :shock:

If so, this sounds great. :D
AKA Scott Stone

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day, set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

That's Mr Stone to you, f**kface.

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Sebastian Stone wrote:All players? Even *spit* non members? :shock:

If so, this sounds great. :D
This has been public knowledge since the October Council meeting... :shock:

Did people really not know this? :?

User avatar
Christopher Kreuzer
Posts: 7597
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
Location: London

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Sebastian Stone wrote:All players? Even *spit* non members? :shock:

If so, this sounds great. :D
This has been public knowledge since the October Council meeting... :shock:

Did people really not know this? :?
Did the ECF publish this change somewhere official that people would be able to find it easily, or did the news spread by word-of-mouth? Or did the news of this change get buried in amongst the discussion about the proposed chage to two standardplay lists a year?

I got the 'check' e-mail (listing results for the season) a few days ago. I did notice that among the rapidplay results were results that contributed to the January 2011 rapidplay grading list, which made me wonder if the 'check' e-mail is only done annually for rapidplay results (and how corrections are therefore handled), and whether this system of sending out an e-mail summary for the whole year to various classes of ECF members will be done every half-year now, or whether it will stay at being annual with the half-year list only being an update. I guess we will find out in due course.

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9085
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: 2010-2011 Grades?

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Did the ECF publish this change somewhere official that people would be able to find it easily, or did the news spread by word-of-mouth? Or did the news of this change get buried in amongst the discussion about the proposed chage to two standardplay lists a year?
I believe it was on the ECF website. Also, it was mentioned on this very Forum, many months ago.
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I got the 'check' e-mail (listing results for the season) a few days ago. I did notice that among the rapidplay results were results that contributed to the January 2011 rapidplay grading list, which made me wonder if the 'check' e-mail is only done annually for rapidplay results (and how corrections are therefore handled), and whether this system of sending out an e-mail summary for the whole year to various classes of ECF members will be done every half-year now, or whether it will stay at being annual with the half-year list only being an update. I guess we will find out in due course.
I think the long-term intention is to do away with the e-mail check, and put everything online as planned.

Post Reply