Page 1 of 9
January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:38 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Starting this thread, as one league I play in has stated they are intending to send in results so far for this list. Not sure about the other one. Does anyone know for the leagues they play in? Are the 4NCL results definitely being submitted as a batch at the end of the season?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Starting this thread, as one league I play in has stated they are intending to send in results so far for this list. Not sure about the other one. Does anyone know for the leagues they play in? Are the 4NCL results definitely being submitted as a batch at the end of the season?
I think we know that the 4NCL results will go for FIDE rating as a complete season. Whether this implies the same for ECF grading isn't known. The story from AGMs earlier this year was that both Bucks and Berks were proposing to send interim results.
(edit) Actually the 4NCL have announced their policy
4NCL website wrote:ECF grades
15.11.2011 - All the games played in the first weekend will be sent for grading to the ECF in time to be included in the next grading list which is scheduled for January next year - Neville Belinfante.
(/edit)
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 pm
by Paul Bielby
One group who will definitely be excited by the January grading list are new juniors who have only started to play competitive chess this term. I was very pleased when the Northumberland grading officer told me he would be accepting results for grading right up to the end of this month. The Northumbria Junior CA (website :
www.njca.org.uk - The Home of Junior Chess in the North) should have at least 20-30 brand new players with gradings in the New Year, though I've no doubt some of them will be zero grades! And, of course, I'm hoping that many of them will be taking part in the British Championships on Tyneside in July.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 pm
by Mick Norris
The Manchester League will be submitting games so far for grading, and the congresses (e.g. last weekend's Bury Rapidplay) are already in
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:54 pm
by Andy McCulloch
As one of those invading Scots, in the bottom events, I have played in the Northumberland and Scarborough Congresses this season. Only 10 games, but with Blackpool a couple of years ago, will I get an estimated ECF grade in January?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Andy McCulloch wrote:As one of those invading Scots, in the bottom events, I have played in the Northumberland and Scarborough Congresses this season. Only 10 games, but with Blackpool a couple of years ago, will I get an estimated ECF grade in January?
Your 10 games in Northumberland and Scarborough this season so far will be enough to get you an
actual ECF grade in January.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 am
by Andy McCulloch
That's good to know. As only a Chess Scotland member, will I be able to see it on the ECF grading list?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 am
by Alex Holowczak
Andy McCulloch wrote:That's good to know. As only a Chess Scotland member, will I be able to see it on the ECF grading list?
Yes, you will.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:47 am
by Steve Rooney
What''s the likely publication date for the January list?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:28 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Steve Rooney wrote:What''s the likely publication date for the January list?
Congraulations! That's the first time that question has been asked this grading season.
It won't be before the Shropshire Congress, which I assume is the reason you're asking.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm
by Carl Hibbard
Is the new web site even ready with me closing down the old one shortly?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:43 pm
by Steve Rooney
Alex Holowczak wrote:It won't be before the Shropshire Congress, which I assume is the reason you're asking.
It was, thank you.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Is there an official announcement about this from the ECF that can be linked to?
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm
by Roger de Coverly
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Is there an official announcement about this from the ECF that can be linked to?
All I've seen is this
http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 368#p77368
In one of its many off-topic diversions this thread features an announcement on Nov 22nd.
Adam Raoof wrote:We also have a new grading site,
http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/, which is ready and will take over from Carl's site well before the January lists (third week of Jan I think) are published, and again this is now owned and managed by the ECF.
Re: January 2012 grading list
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm
by Christopher Kreuzer
Roger de Coverly wrote:Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Is there an official announcement about this from the ECF that can be linked to?
All I've seen is this
http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 368#p77368
In one of its many off-topic diversions this thread features an announcement on Nov 22nd.
Adam Raoof wrote:We also have a new grading site,
http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/, which is ready and will take over from Carl's site well before the January lists (third week of Jan I think) are published, and again this is now owned and managed by the ECF.
What I linked to when pointing out this change was this thread:
http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3073
But linking to threads here is not ideal. I want to be able to send people to an official announcement and/or webpage.
Also, it is not clear whether what is said there (in May 2011) still applies or not.
Presumably the graders will publish at some point a list of those who have submitted results for grading, but what is just as needed here is a list of those
missing from such a list, where the games will presumably end up in the second half-year.