Page 1 of 2

AN Other

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:06 pm
by John Upham
AN Other appears to be ungraded player from the Oxford area. Anyone played him?

See http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/?ref=225178E

John

Re: AN Other

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 pm
by John McKenna
Unless Geoff Chandler can supply an acCredited photo the only recourse is to track down AN Other's opponent (to get AN's description) from his solitary game. Since that was played in the year 2000 the trail may be too cold to trace him in a city as big as Oxford. Still, you could start with that year's university records - searching for overseas students with indescribable names.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 pm
by John McKenna
Yes, there are two 'c's in accredited. I'll edit it later.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:54 am
by Geoff Chandler
Carl.

John Mckenna is trying to get me into trouble. He knows I won't
be able to resist the temptation of posting a picture of A.N. Other
without the credits.

I am fighting it but I don't know how long I can last.
I have developed a 'must post a picture' problem. I'm a photoholic.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 am
by John Upham
Below is the standard avatar I use for AN Other. More or less appropriate suggestions are welcome.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:57 am
by Ian Stephens
John Upham wrote:Below is the standard avatar I use for AN Other. More or less appropriate suggestions are welcome.
This is not AN Other John, I Know this person, he is The Riddler! :lol:

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 pm
by Ian Thompson
John Upham wrote:AN Other appears to be ungraded player from the Oxford area. Anyone played him?

See http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/?ref=225178E

John
He's played quite a few games this season in both the Surrey Border League and the Berkshire League.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:57 pm
by John Upham
Ian Thompson wrote:
John Upham wrote:AN Other appears to be ungraded player from the Oxford area. Anyone played him?

See http://www.ecfgrading.org.uk/?ref=225178E

John
He's played quite a few games this season in both the Surrey Border League and the Berkshire League.

Indeed he or she has done so. Luckily in the London League Brian Smith immediately chases the offending Captains to name and shame their AN Others. Out in the sticks things are less pro-active. For one of these the League Secretary is pleased to announce that he does not look at the web site. A meeting is scheduled I believe.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:59 pm
by Geoff Chandler
I have found an old picture of this lad.

Image

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm
by Ian Stephens
Mmmm...he looks a lot younger here Geoff, Is that the famous "Two Trophy Mate" depicted? :)

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm
by John McKenna
Instantly recognised AN in Geoff's period photo. The OTHERS all requested anonymity - even though they have now changed beyond recognition - as they do not wish to become involved in the search as AN was a friend and fellow member of the founding fathers of Anonymous.

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:54 pm
by Phil Neatherway
Is that Alex H in the front row?

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Phil Neatherway wrote:Is that Alex H in the front row?
What, in a photo of a team that won something? :shock:

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm
by Alex McFarlane
He also seems to have confused you with a chess player!!!

The moustachioed face belongs to IM Danny Kopec. The person sitting beside him is Mark Condie. The hidden character is actually the author of the posting containing the picture. It is possibly the best picture of Geoff that I have seen. :D

Re: AN Other

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 pm
by Alex Holowczak
Alex McFarlane wrote:He also seems to have confused you with a chess player!!!
Hey, I had a 2430 TPR in the FIDE Open at the London Classic! 8)