The plans for the Grading System

General discussions about ratings.
Clive Blackburn

Re: The plans for the Grading System

Post by Clive Blackburn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Clive Blackburn wrote:I'm sorry, I think I misread the advertisement, it does say "July 2017 grades" and not July 2016, so that allows them a year to prepare.
Ironically, Richard himself observed that someone would misread that as the July 2016 grading list. :lol:
:lol:

Well, it does say "for publication on the ECF Grading website in late July" without specifying a year! :D

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:12 pm

"I think he's done a good job within the constraints of the system design."

I think Richard has done an amazing job - he's also had to put up with some graders sending results in late every year etc.

Andrew McHarg

Post by Andrew McHarg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:38 am

Hi All

Apologies if this isn't the place to ask or if it's a question which has already been answered. I have had a look around, however, and can't find an answer.

I recently played in the Richmond Rapidplay and can't seem to find the results anywhere. I also played in the last Blackpool Congress, and - although I can find the results for that one - they don't seem to have been reflected in my ECF grade (I'm still marked as ungraded). Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Andrew McHarg wrote: I also played in the last Blackpool Congress, and - although I can find the results for that one - they don't seem to have been reflected in my ECF grade (I'm still marked as ungraded). Can anyone shed light on this for me?
The ECF works on a six monthly system, so the Blackpool results won't show up in anyone's grade until the grading data for the six months to 30th June 2016 has been completely processed. The expected publication deadline is usually the last week of July, so as to be available for the start of the British Championship Congress.

Andrew McHarg

Post by Andrew McHarg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Andrew McHarg wrote: I also played in the last Blackpool Congress, and - although I can find the results for that one - they don't seem to have been reflected in my ECF grade (I'm still marked as ungraded). Can anyone shed light on this for me?
The ECF works on a six monthly system, so the Blackpool results won't show up in anyone's grade until the grading data for the six months to 30th June 2016 has been completely processed. The expected publication deadline is usually the last week of July, so as to be available for the start of the British Championship Congress.
Thanks Roger.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Andrew McHarg wrote:Hi All

Apologies if this isn't the place to ask or if it's a question which has already been answered. I have had a look around, however, and can't find an answer.

I recently played in the Richmond Rapidplay and can't seem to find the results anywhere. I also played in the last Blackpool Congress, and - although I can find the results for that one - they don't seem to have been reflected in my ECF grade (I'm still marked as ungraded). Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew
events received for grading
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:20 am

Minutes of the the latest ECF Board meeting reveal that Board level responsibility for grading is moving sideways from "Home" to "Membership".

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... ng-ECF.pdf
There are some changes to the five year plan drawn up in October, to take into account the hiring of third party bookkeeping and company secretarial support, the creation of the Women's directorate, and the movement of grading and the IRO to the memberships directorate
This may or may not include the delivery and implementation of the League Management System as previously discussed in the thread.