Page 1 of 1

Nigel Staddon

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:16 pm
by Simon Rogers
I am sorry to inform you that Nigel Staddon died on 20th March 2023, aged 93.
Nigel was a member of Bedford Chess Club for 57 (!) years, holding several offices and regularly played for the clubs' teams.
The funeral will be held at Bedford Crematorium at 11.30am on 4th May.
There is a tribute and a picture of Nigel in the News Category on the Bedford Chess Club website.
http://www.bedfordchess.co.uk
RIP

Re: Nigel Staddon

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:12 pm
by MJMcCready
Nigel was a truly lovely fellow and I am happy to say I knew him for decades, He had a great memory and could tell me much about his former playing partner Dennis Victor Mardle, who was our top guy at the time, as well as much else.

Regards to his family.

Re: Nigel Staddon

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:24 pm
by James Plaskett
Remember him well.
A decent chap.