I am sorry to inform you that Professor Trevor Bench-Capon passed away at the end of May.
Trevor played for Hoylake Chess Club, Merseyside, for many years.
There is a lengthy obituary and picture on the Liverpool University website.
His funeral took place on Friday 14th June.
RIP
Professor Trevor Bench-Capon
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6662
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Professor Trevor Bench-Capon
https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2024/05/29 ... nch-capon/
He played chess for DHSS in the Civil Service League. I had a rather lively game against him in 1984, when he was graded 151. As an expert in AI, he might have appreciated how thoroughly Stockfish criticises the moves of both players.
He played chess for DHSS in the Civil Service League. I had a rather lively game against him in 1984, when he was graded 151. As an expert in AI, he might have appreciated how thoroughly Stockfish criticises the moves of both players.