The Silicon Road To Chess Improvement: Chess Engine Training Methods, Opening Strategies & Middlegame Techniques

A book review may be a primary source, opinion piece, summary review or scholarly review.
John Upham

The Silicon Road To Chess Improvement: Chess Engine Training Methods, Opening Strategies & Middlegame Techniques

Post by John Upham » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Tony Williams has reviewed

from New in Chess

by Matthew Sadler

https://britishchessnews.com/2022/09/21 ... echniques/

_________________________________91eEm2ah3xL.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

MJMcCready

Re: The Silicon Road To Chess Improvement: Chess Engine Training Methods, Opening Strategies & Middlegame Techniques

Post by MJMcCready » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:28 am

Why is improvement so important? I'm rubbish at chess and I know I always will be. I don't have a problem with that and still manage to enjoy my games. No money involved. No hours lost studying. No stress. No pressure. No failures...just me always bad, never disappointed.

Matt Mackenzie

Re: The Silicon Road To Chess Improvement: Chess Engine Training Methods, Opening Strategies & Middlegame Techniques

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:49 pm

The desire to improve is natural to most, I would say.

Even if many will never do so beyond an "average" level.
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)