Bourne End one day Sunday 28th April

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Roger de Coverly

Bourne End one day Sunday 28th April

Post by Roger de Coverly » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 pm

This has been revived for 2019 and is running the weekend after Easter, in other words on Sunday 28th April.

Entry form and details are at

http://www.buckschess.org.uk/Downloads/ ... 019v4b.pdf

It's a 5 round one day rapidplay with 45 minutes on the clock.

Andy Smith (details on the entry form & website) is taking entries and you can pay by electronic banking. We may decline entries on the day, so contact (and pay) Andy by Saturday afternoon.

E Michael White

Re: Bourne End one day Sunday 28th April

Post by E Michael White » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Hello Roger

Are you connected with the organisation of this event; I know Bourne-End is your chess club?
I had been considering entering as I would be in the area but my other commitment now requires more time.

Whilst looking through the entry form I noticed one of the helpful FIDE notes is about 5 years out of date.

………..The FIDE Rules for rapid play events apply.
Particular note should be taken of the following rules.

d) If a player notes that the flag on the clock of his/her opponent has fallen, the player may claim a win
provided ..............

Flag-falls should not be pointed out by anyone other than the players in the
game in question …..
This last comment applied in the FIDE Rapid Laws up to and including 2014 when the arbiter was not allowed to point out a flag had fallen. Under the current Laws the arbiter is required to point out a flag fall in Rapid which results in the game being lost unless both flags are down.

Tournaments can have whatever Rules they want but not alterations to FIDE Laws, if they want ECF grading.