The 2nd Derbyshire Chess Congress 23rd & 24th Nov 2024

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
dwoodhouse

The 2nd Derbyshire Chess Congress 23rd & 24th Nov 2024

Post by dwoodhouse » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:59 am

Following the huge success of our inaugural event last year, I am pleased to announce that this year's congress will be held on the 23rd and 24th of November this year. Please note the new date! However, the venue is the same - Trent College, Long Eaton NG10 4AD. Entries will open on the 15th of April, (not before), but I am hoping to have flyers available at various congresses before then. The website https://dcc24.co.uk will go live at this point too. There will be five sections as last year, but the grading boundaries have been tweaked slightly in order to try and make the numbers in each section a little more equal. As before, the entry limit will be 200. Following feedback, there will be a greater range of refreshments this year, still competitively priced! Many thanks to all who supported us last time. We look forward to welcoming you again to our fantastic venue which is very disability friendly and has excellent transport links as well as generous, free parking. If you have any questions/comments, please use this email address: [email protected]
Many thanks, David Woodhouse.

dwoodhouse

Re: The 2nd Derbyshire Chess Congress 23rd & 24th Nov 2024

Post by dwoodhouse » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:51 pm

I'm delighted to confirm that, as mentioned in my previous post, entries have now gone live for this event. The (revamped and improved) website for the congress is at https://dcc24.co.uk
There is a downloadable flyer on the website, and a link to the latest version of this will appear very soon on the information about the congress on the ECF's Calendar.
Many thanks for your support; after a fabulous inaugural event last time around, I look forward to getting nearer to the maximum number of entries (200) that we can accommodate this year.
David Woodhouse

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 pm

dwoodhouse wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:51 pm

There is a downloadable flyer on the website,
I don't think one of the hotels mentioned, the Best Western, is currently available.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/ ... 83937.html

dwoodhouse

Post by dwoodhouse » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 am

Hi Roger,
Yes, having read your message I did a bit of digging and it appears that it may be being used for asylum seekers at the moment. The situation may change; I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime, I've checked that the other two hotels mentioned on the flyer are still taking bookings. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
David.