2010 BUCA Individual Championship (November 12-14)

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
IM Jack Rudd

Re: 2010 BUCA Individual Championship (November 12-14)

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:24 am

David Sedgwick wrote: It does make Sean's account of his dealings with the ECF sound somewhat ironic, although I think it's fair to say that the entry for the Uxbridge Young Masters has also proved to be a little disappointing.
Although it has at least settled on a very convenient disappointing number. Or at least, it would have been were it not for Archer-Lock's round 1 bye.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:14 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:We have had to cancel this event, due to there not being enough entries
I'm sorry to hear that Alex. If it's viable (and I appreciate it probably isn't) you can play the event for free at our Brighton event which is the same weekend (either as part of the Open, separate) if it helps.
David Sedgwick wrote: It does make Sean's account of his dealings with the ECF sound somewhat ironic, although I think it's fair to say that the entry for the Uxbridge Young Masters has also proved to be a little disappointing.
Well quite. Adam never did explain his comment
Adam Raoof via email wrote:In giving a BCQ to a championship event like BUCA we are indeed taking a risk but it has succeeded.
even though I asked him to do so by email (he didn't reply). Perhaps he would like to answer now on the forum? :lol:

In all seriousness, although we have 10 entries for the Young Masters we did decide early on to run the Premier alongside. That has attracted 34 entries of whom 8 are Under 21 (and therefore eligible to play in the Young Masters). Given that we originally budgeted for 20 players in each event I'm happy with that although I got the split wrong. It means that going forward we have another event that is viable and can run next year.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:We have had to cancel this event, due to there not being enough entries
I'm sorry to hear that Alex. If it's viable (and I appreciate it probably isn't) you can play the event for free at our Brighton event which is the same weekend (either as part of the Open, separate) if it helps.
Thanks for the kind offer. I don't think it's viable at this stage. Having looked, I might play in Brighton myself actually; I note a fellow Quinborner or three have entered! I also have a commitment for the NYCA U16/12 that Saturday to consider. I had lined up a filler to look after it on the day, but now I'm available. We'll see. :D