East Devon Congress

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
John Ariss

East Devon Congress

Post by John Ariss » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Anyone wishing to enter the East Devon congress 4th -6th March entry forms are downloadable http://www.chessdevon.co.uk/HTML/ede.pdf

Andrew Farthing

Re: East Devon Congress

Post by Andrew Farthing » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 am

I'll be playing in this congress, so if anyone has any questions or comments about the ECF (or just wants to say hello!), I'll be around all weekend.

This is an excellent congress - the playing hall is spacious, with a large bookstall from CCF Mindgames and a large bar/analysis area just outside, and it's always very well run. Exeter itself is a lively university town, and the tournament is close to the attractive cathedral square if that's your kind of thing.

Andrew Farthing,
Chief Executive, English Chess Federation

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Any updates on actual numbers attending and current `progress` report..leaders, entrants, news etc, would be interesting to hear...

Is Jack leading in the Open...if there is an Open..and if Jack is actually playing.

I`m off to see Stockport v Oxford today..trick or treat.
Its a must win game..but a tall order with Stockport struggling to field a team just now. If they can show the same determination as they did against Bury recently, they might yet raise from `death row`....
BRING BACK THE BCF

Rob Thompson

Post by Rob Thompson » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Steve Homer is currently leading the open with 3/3, but is taking a bye tomorrow morning. Jack is on 2.5, with a few others.

I have no idea about the major and minor.

In the team competition, after 2 rounds Newton Abbot and South Hams were 1st= on 5.5, despite Newton Abbot only having 3 players (teams of 4). I suspect that we will no longer be 1st though as we got a maximum of 1/3 in round 3
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:Steve Homer is currently leading the open with 3/3, but is taking a bye tomorrow morning. Jack is on 2.5, with a few others.
I believe tomorrow's top board pairings will be:

Dilleigh (2.5) v Rudd (2.5)
Taylor (2.5) v Waters (2.5)
Mackle (2) v Brusey (2.5)

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Look forward to seeing the final results...hopefully this is not quite a dead duck yet.
Even my Stockport side, with patched up team, came to life yesterday and scored a winner in the 94th minute
BRING BACK THE BCF

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 pm

I finished on 4½ out of 5, so was certainly at least equal first; outright first if Krzyzanowski managed a result against Taylor.

benedgell

Post by benedgell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Taylor managed to beat Krzyzanowski to finish 1st= on 4.5/5. Mackle finished 3rd with 4.