1st Millfield Weekender, 14th & 15th July

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Kevin Thurlow

Re: 1st Millfield Weekender, 14th & 15th July

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm

What Ben said. John Townsend was the other 2=. We had a wild draw in the last round. I think you might have given Krzyanowski slightly too many "z"s, but I don't suppose he'll mind...

A really nice tournament, everybody very friendly, excellent refreshments, a chance to watch cricket in the lunch break. What more could you ask?
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey

Peter Turner

Post by Peter Turner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 am

Millfield Weekender
First chance this evening to post on the forum. Our thanks are to the players and supporters for making our job enjoyable.
Ben has the Open results correct. Major Section - 1st = Mark Potter & Freddie Keen 3rd = Adrian Champion & D. N . MacArthur. Minor Section - !st David McGeeney 2nd = Andrew Smailes & Benjamin Lee

Gill, Peter & Matthew Turner

John Townsend

Post by John Townsend » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am

Excellent congress - well supported, friendly. Hardly any "stodge" seemed to be played! The complimentary tea, coffee and sandwiches went down well. Many thanks to Matthew Turner and his colleagues for organising it.

I was lucky with my guest house. I can give the contact details to anyone interested in the one-day event in January. The village of Street gives a feeling of timelessness, with a gentle pace of life, very green, and with plenty of old stone buildings.