Future e2e4 events

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
User avatar
Michael Farthing
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
Location: Morecambe, Europe

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Michael Farthing » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Barry,

It might be.
Sean's had a lot on. Things haven't gone smoothly for him and clearly from what has been said work commitments are challenging.
Give him a break.
Rejoiner

Barry Sandercock
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Barry Sandercock » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Fair enough. I only put my remark on to try to find out what was happening.

User avatar
Peter D Williams
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Peter D Williams » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Michael Farthing wrote:
It might be.
Sean's had a lot on. Things haven't gone smoothly for him and clearly from what has been said work commitments are challenging.
Give him a break. said by Michael Farthing
It would not take Sean more than a few minutes to post on here and his web site to explain why it appears he not going to run any more e2 e4 events. if its work commitments than why not just say so what is the problem? after all Sean never been shy in the past about posting on here :wink: Members are more than entitled to ask Sean if these chess events are going to still take place.

Right time for some Queen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
when you are successful many losers bark at you.

Roger de Coverly
Posts: 18517
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Just to add to the mystery, some strange material has appeared on another forum. That forum has a policy of deleting posts without telling the original poster, which is contrary to the policy of many forums.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/Forum/vi ... nread#p926

Matthew Turner
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Matthew Turner » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Robert Kane has entitled his post, I resign; So has he?

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5813
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:Just to add to the mystery, some strange material has appeared on another forum. That forum has a policy of deleting posts without telling the original poster, which is contrary to the policy of many forums.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/Forum/vi ... nread#p926
Best to just let the other place alone and let it close down slowly.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Bill Porter
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Bill Porter » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:Just to add to the mystery, some strange material has appeared on another forum. That forum has a policy of deleting posts without telling the original poster, which is contrary to the policy of many forums.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/Forum/vi ... nread#p926
The above link didn't work.
I think this is the corrected link:
http://englishchess.org.uk/Forum/viewto ... p=926#p926

Barry Sandercock
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Barry Sandercock » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Yes, that link works. It would be nice to know what is happening to e2e4, or is that too much to ask.

Matthew Turner
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Matthew Turner » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:58 am

Matthew Turner wrote:Robert Kane has entitled his post, I resign; So has he?
Latest from Robert Kane
"The company secretary would not accept resignation via forum. One would have to submit a resignation directly to him

I remain a director, trying to improve things"

So that is all clear then - I couldn't resign via the forum so I had to stand for re-election.

Ian Thompson
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Awbridge, Hampshire

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Ian Thompson » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 am

Matthew Turner wrote:
Matthew Turner wrote:Robert Kane has entitled his post, I resign; So has he?
Latest from Robert Kane
"The company secretary would not accept resignation via forum. One would have to submit a resignation directly to him

I remain a director, trying to improve things"

So that is all clear then - I couldn't resign via the forum so I had to stand for re-election.
It's possible that Robert announced his intention to stand for re-election before the disgraceful decision by the ECF board to suppress information about e2e4 chess tournaments that future entrants to them (should there be any more) might well wish to know. Maybe he's now having second thoughts, which is perhaps a good thing as the majority of the ECF Board evidently can't be relied on to act in the best interests of their members.

Barry Sandercock
Posts: 1356
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Future e2e4 events

Post by Barry Sandercock » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:45 am

I see from the e2e4 website that we can still enter the Sunningdale Whitsun Congress. If it's still there next May, maybe we will be able to enter the 2015 one.

Post Reply