Yorkshire grading system

A forum for the Yorkshire Chess Association.
MartinCarpenter

Re: Yorkshire grading system

Post by MartinCarpenter » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am

Wouldn't be absolutely sure - the live nature of the calculations means that fixing a long standing mistake can be a relatively massive job.

Last I checked my brother still had one of my Woodhouse wins from last season :)

Good to hear about the league result service surviving. That is very useful.

Jon Griffith

Post by Jon Griffith » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:03 pm

At the Yorkshire Chess Association AGM yeaterday, Steve Mann was elected to succeed me as Yorkshire Hon.Grader. I wish him every success.

Due to advancing years I am winding down the chessnuts website. After publishing the July 2018 Yorkshire Grading List, the chessnuts database will stop grading, and it will no longer attempt to present a complete record of chess in Yorkshire. Chessnuts will continue to offer its league management system to local leagues in Yorkshire for a further twelve months. In this period the YCA encourages the independant leagues to consider affiliating to the ECF grading system. The Hull Chess Association have already adopted the ECF League Management System, and they have offered to share their experiences.
Jon Griffith
Yorkshire Grader

Ihor Lewyk

Post by Ihor Lewyk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Jon,
Thank you for all your efforts over the years. Chessnuts is a tremendous site and I will miss checking individual player league records for all the leagues.

The Bradford league agreed at their AGM to affiliate in its entirety to the ECF grading system and adopt the ECF League Management System too.

MartinCarpenter

Post by MartinCarpenter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 pm

The York evening league is apparently planning on ECF ratings for division 1 but letting division 2 go ungraded.