New grades on online database

Request amendments or pass comments on this free service.
Locked
Neill Cooper
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Croydon
Contact:

New grades on online database

Post by Neill Cooper » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Please could the new grades be displayed fully on the online database. Why? Because people are beginning to discuss grade boudnaries for next year's tournaments. I'd be interested to know, for instance, which Surrey players would be graded below 100 for the U100 tournament if the grade boundaries were not changed. So I would like to list all SCCA players (as shown by http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... rrey%20CCA) and then order in new long play grade order.

Thanks

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 5612
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: New grades on online database

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:27 pm

Neill Cooper wrote:Please could the new grades be displayed fully on the online database. Why? Because people are beginning to discuss grade boudnaries for next year's tournaments. I'd be interested to know, for instance, which Surrey players would be graded below 100 for the U100 tournament if the grade boundaries were not changed. So I would like to list all SCCA players (as shown by http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... rrey%20CCA) and then order in new long play grade order.

Thanks
Hmm, that is work but I will consider it when free time permits...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Sean Hewitt

Re: New grades on online database

Post by Sean Hewitt » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Couldn't you just download the list and do it yourself? Or ask your local grader who has the master file to do it?

Neill Cooper
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Croydon
Contact:

Re: New grades on online database

Post by Neill Cooper » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:Couldn't you just download the list and do it yourself? Or ask your local grader who has the master file to do it?
In the downloaded excel file the club name can be in one of six columns so the filter is not quite so easy to apply. Also I find the online database interface very nice to use. I can see lots of people during the year wanting to know what a new grade limit would imply for their team as they come up to leage AGMs where new grade limits are being discussed.

Neill Cooper
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Croydon
Contact:

Re: New grades on online database

Post by Neill Cooper » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote: Hmm, that is work but I will consider it when free time permits...
Point taken.
Would it be possible to have a 'new grade' interface which was identical to the existing one but picked up the new long play/rapidplay grade rather than the old style ones?

Sean Hewitt

Re: New grades on online database

Post by Sean Hewitt » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Neill Cooper wrote:
Sean Hewitt wrote:Couldn't you just download the list and do it yourself? Or ask your local grader who has the master file to do it?
In the downloaded excel file the club name can be in one of six columns so the filter is not quite so easy to apply.
Takes about 5 seconds using MS Access! Tell me your club name and I'll produce the file for you.

Locked