EXCESSIVE FIDE CHARGES FOR JUNIORS

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Alex Holowczak

Re: EXCESSIVE FIDE CHARGES FOR JUNIORS

Post by Alex Holowczak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Roger Lancaster wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 pm
Returning to Alex's pre-election answer on this forum, I hope he won't mind if I ask - as an open question rather than through private messaging - whether he has yet had the opportunity to canvass parents' views? I can understand that he may well have higher priorities - and, furthermore, that it might be appropriate to discuss any outcomes with fellow directors before divulging them on a forum such as this - but it would be reassuring to know that the question hadn't been totally forgotten.
I attended the first Academy weekend, where the Selection Policy was presented to all of the parents who assembled - which is probably as big a gathering of parents in one place as I'm likely to get. There were one or two issues that parents raised specifically with regards to selection from the Academy which I have yet to update online, but there were no dissenting views on the principles of what we were trying to achieve. I realise that it would have been better for that to have happened before the policy was announced, but of course there was a timing issue. There were one or two other points raised that weekend which I've already made some progress on.