Darlington chess club is planning to start a junior section there are a lot of forum members who have had a lot off experiance running junior clubs.
What advice could you offer us to get the junior section to thrive we know we are going to have 4 members on week 1 that is without us contacting local primary and junior schools.
Starting a junior section
-
William Metcalfe
- Posts: 585
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:12 pm
- Location: Darlington
Starting a junior section
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of
-
Neill Cooper
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm
- Location: Cumbria
- Contact:
Re: Starting a junior section
Produce a poster to advertise the junior club. If you take it round to the local primary schools they are likely to display it (for parents to see). And ask your juniors to take the poster into their own schools. Take the poster to the library and any other community sites (you should not have to pay for an advert).
-
Sabrina Chevannes
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 1:53 pm
Re: Starting a junior section
Hi William
We have posted details of your club here: http://www.chessinschools.co.uk/main/junior_clubs.htm
I hope it goes well.
If anyone else would like to publicise their club then do let me know
We have posted details of your club here: http://www.chessinschools.co.uk/main/junior_clubs.htm
I hope it goes well.
If anyone else would like to publicise their club then do let me know
-
Kevin Wilson
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:26 am
Re: Starting a junior section
Thanks for the link Sabrina. Hopefully you will get loads of clubs on there soon.
If anybody want to check the Darlington Chess Club out view the blog
http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/
If anybody want to check the Darlington Chess Club out view the blog
http://darlingtonchessclub.blogspot.com/
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Starting a junior section
Howabout using this excellent article in some way : http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 5928060566
If only it was The Daily Telegraph instead of the Aussie version...
If only it was The Daily Telegraph instead of the Aussie version...
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Kevin Wilson
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:26 am
Re: Starting a junior section
What a great piece. The Chess is Schools and Communities are trying to do the same here. Lets hope they succeed.
I have to say that the kids I watch playing chess do not suffer from any deficiencies in concentration. They demonstrate complete focus while playing. Mind if they are not playing then I have seen some exuberance...
Any one else with any ideas. How to advertise, what to teach the kids etc.?
I have to say that the kids I watch playing chess do not suffer from any deficiencies in concentration. They demonstrate complete focus while playing. Mind if they are not playing then I have seen some exuberance...
Any one else with any ideas. How to advertise, what to teach the kids etc.?