CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Sabrina Chevannes

CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi all

Chess in Schools and Communities are running two courses at this year's London Chess Classic for those who wish to do chess coaching.

The Introductory Course for Teachers is aimed at those who have not done coaching before. Perhaps those who are chess players, but have not taught the game, or for those who already teach in schools and are interested in running a chess club and learning how to train. This will take place on Tuesday 14th December 2010 from 11.30-18.00

The Skills Development Course for Chess Tutors is aimed at those who have done some chess teaching before but want to develop their skills further. This will take place on Friday 10th December from 10.30-14.00

For more information please visit http://www.chessinschools.co.uk/coaches ... course.htm

Or contact me at [email protected]

The information and forms are available to download on this post too :)

Sabrina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Upham

Re: CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

Post by John Upham » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 am

I am grateful to John Foley (who delivered the training course) and Sabrina for inviting me to present CoM to the CSC coaches.

I was very impressed by the course and the materials provided. The course booklet entitled "Primary School Chess" is excellent, thorough, well produced and balanced.

CSC now officially endorses CoM as a resource. :D

The coaches liked CoM and felt it would be good to incorporate into their teaching once the children had learnt the very basics of the rules.

It was a shame we only had 15 minutes with CoM but it was a last minute call to invite me.

I wish CSC all the best and believe that we all should support it.

I will be at LCC on Sunday on the CoM stand which is between the cloakroom and the entrance to the FIDE Open playing hall.

Please introduce yourself! :D
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Andrew Camp

Re: CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

Post by Andrew Camp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Very much enjoyed it, thank you.

Not fully convinced of the CoM but will look more into it.
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
[email protected]