Chess Harmony -

National developments, strategies and ideas.
David Pardoe

Chess Harmony -

Post by David Pardoe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Following on from recent exchanges....a couple of observations.
Firstly, issues have been aired sufficiently to give all sides enough to work on to rebuild bridges.
Secondly...my advice, for what it is worth, is to engage in constructive discussions.
As an aside..regarding match venues..it doesnt sound like there`s any great issue about `best` or second best.
One consideration might be `which is most convenient for the teams concerned`, travel wise. Some informal consultation with players might be helpful....but to have two first class venues is a luxury that many counties would envy.

At this time...a season of good will...be of a kindly disposition....let `chess` be the winner.
BRING BACK THE BCF

Susan Lalic

Re: Chess Harmony -

Post by Susan Lalic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 pm

David Pardoe wrote:Following on from recent exchanges....a couple of observations.
Firstly, issues have been aired sufficiently to give all sides enough to work on to rebuild bridges.
Secondly...my advice, for what it is worth, is to engage in constructive discussions.
As an aside..regarding match venues..it doesnt sound like there`s any great issue about `best` or second best.
One consideration might be `which is most convenient for the teams concerned`, travel wise. Some informal consultation with players might be helpful....but to have two first class venues is a luxury that many counties would envy.

At this time...a season of good will...be of a kindly disposition....let `chess` be the winner.
David, I can't work out if you are a really caring person or the world's greatest stirrer! :wink:

andrew martin

Post by andrew martin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Yes, there are many hidden agendas behind some of the postings on these threads. Much concealed seething ambition and ruthless character assassination behind the scenes.

Oh the cricket is on,excuse me.

David Pardoe

Post by David Pardoe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Susan, Im not privvy to the details of this particular case, but I suspect it has its fair quota of misunderstandings.
Your area clearly has a thriving junior chess community, so I hope that harmony can be restored.
I note that Mike Baseman did apologise to the original family involved, which was a fair and honest gesture.

I hope the parties can find common ground and rebuild bridges....behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, Carl has called `time` on this public discussion, which I think is right.
BRING BACK THE BCF

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

David Pardoe wrote: Meanwhile, Carl has called `time` on this public discussion, which I think is right.
So let it rest please, David.

It's not as though you haven't got enough problems up North. I hope that, at long last, they can be resolved in 2011.

Scott Freeman

Post by Scott Freeman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

It is not my intention to re-open the "debate" but having read a comment above I feel it is important to state something for the record: We have no interest in character assassination although I know that some will hold the view that this is what we are doing. I could elaborate on that further but feel it would just encourage a response which in turn would encourage me to respond, etc, which is not my intention in posting now.

We (CCF) genuinely hold concerns (enough has already been said) and genuinely believe that what we are saying is the truth. We genuinely believe we have a duty to say what has been said, even though it maybe unpopular. As I say, it is not my intention to re-open the dabate now, so hopefully that's enough said and I hope that, although I accept an number of you reading this forum will not like what we have done, I hope you will accept it is a genuine view we hold and that it is not disguising any "seething" ambitions! :)

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Scott Freeman wrote:We have no interest in character assassination.
That's good to hear. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.