World School Individual Chess Championship 2011

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Kevin Thurlow

World School Individual Chess Championship 2011

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am

I just received this. Krakow is well worth a visit, and all the Polish tournaments I have played in were well-organised in good playing conditions. I eventually found in the regulations that participants have to book accommodation through the tournament. I also found where the venue was - the Galaxy Hotel. Travel within the city is easy - trams are the best bet, but the venue is fairly central (unlike the one they use for the tournament just after Christmas) so you can always walk. This is beginning to sound like a recommendation or an advert. It isn't intended to be - just providing info based on personal experience! :-

"The Malopolska Chess Association, the Polish Chess Federation, the Community of Krakow and the International School Chess Union have the honour to invite all the FIDE Member Chess Federations around the world, and eligible players to take part in the World School Individual Chess Championship 2011 (open and girls under 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17 years old) organized in Krakow, Poland from 29th April (Arrival) to 9th of May (Departure) 2011.

All details see http://www.wscc2011.pl "
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey