Formal Complaints Policy

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Carol Williams

Formal Complaints Policy

Post by Carol Williams » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Has any progress been made on this?

LozCooper

Re: Formal Complaints Policy

Post by LozCooper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Carol Williams wrote:Has any progress been made on this?
Hi Carol,

It's my understanding that we are/were drawing up such a policy but I have to admit that I've heard nothing for some considerable time. I will raise the matter with the board again.

Lawrence

Alan Burke

Post by Alan Burke » Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 am

If such a policy is to come into being, I would hope a similar policy would also be introduced to praise those officials who have done such a great job for junior chess over the years ?

Andrew Farthing

Post by Andrew Farthing » Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I do still intend to produce and publish a formal complaints policy, but I confess that it has taken a lower priority than other issues such as funding and charitable status. I hadn't forgotten about it.

In the meantime, the advice remains that the route for complaints is very much as I think most people would assume it to be:

(1) In the first instance, the complaint should be addressed to the director responsible for the area concerned;

(2) If the identity of responsible director is unclear, or if the complaint concerns the director himself, the complaint should be addressed to the Chief Executive;

(3) If the complaint concerns the Chief Executive, it should be addressed to the Non-Executive Chairman.

I expect the policy to include a timetable for responses and details of an appeal process (essentially, move to the next level as indicated above). For my part, I endeavour to acknowledge receipt of a complaint immediately and to give a formal response within five days. To date, I have received only a small number of complaints and believe that I have always met this objective.