CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Sabrina Chevannes

CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi all

There will be more CSC Chess Coach Training courses coming up over the next few months. There are already two dates confirmed for these courses - 22nd June (London) and 29th June (Middlesbrough).

To find out more information please visit: http://chessinschools.co.uk/coaches/become_a_coach.htm or email me at [email protected].

The places are limited so please do sign up quickly.

Thank you

Sabrina

David Brock

Re: CSC Chess Coach Training Courses

Post by David Brock » Tue May 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Sabrina Hi,

I would be interested in attending the training course but not sure about the £50 fee at the moment. I see anyone doing training at a CSC school gets free training. I am not involved with that but I have sort of volunteered myself to give weekly training at my local library for people (mainly juniors) . Please see my post about new chess club in Gidea park for details. Although this is not a school can I come under the CSC umbrella and if so what do I have to do to qualify. As so far we are working with donated chess sets mainly my own. We have around 20 regular players and growing. Although I have played chess since i was 8 and now 45 years old this is the first time I have taught anyone else. I believe the kids relate to me and are finding it interesting but need to know if I am doing the right thing and want to continue progress. At least 5 were complete beginners and now know all moves and how to play a basic game (after two weeks). PS i have been CRB checked paid for by the library. The range of ages range from 4 to about 14 at the moment with two adults that wanted to come along but were alarmed by the amount of children!!!

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

David
Think,check and then Move !!