EPSCA U11 and U9 Finals at Brean Sands

National developments, strategies and ideas.
abi&timadams

EPSCA U11 and U9 Finals at Brean Sands

Post by abi&timadams » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 am

The EPSCA finals are being held at Pontins Brean Sands, Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th July. Paul Bielby's Royal Grammer School U11 team from Newcastle are contenders for the title and we wish them all the best, as we do everyone taking part. His team's success on reaching the final is especially poignant as Paul is retiring from teaching at the school after over 20 years. We are sure everybody appreciates his long service and tireless dedication to chess in general and will want to wish him well.

Does anyone know who the favourites are in both competitions?

Paul Bielby

Re: EPSCA U11 and U9 Finals at Brean Sands

Post by Paul Bielby » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for the good wishes, Tim and Abi. It's true that the RGS qualification for the final has delayed my retirement by some 17 days.

In view of the school featuring on the BBC news yesterday, having been flooded out and almost washed away yesterday, I just hope that the team manage to get to the airport for the trip to Somerset.

William Metcalfe

Post by William Metcalfe » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Good luck on your retirement Paul .You have done so much great work with north east juniors over the years.You are going to be missed i dont know how any 1 person will be able to replace you.
I am speaking here for myself and not the NCCU which i am now president of

Paul Dargan

Post by Paul Dargan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Good luck to the RGS team - frorm another old Novo

Paul