Pennine Cup 2013

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Andrew Wainwright

Pennine Cup 2013

Post by Andrew Wainwright » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 am

I am please to confirm that a date has been booked for this years u16 Pennine Cup - Sunday 14th April 2013.

This date is slightly later in the year than the event is generally held due to the desire to avoid clashes with other events and also due to the early Easter.

I hope that we will be able to ensure a strong turn out from a number of counties, leagues, clubs etc. Teams can enter under the banner of a county, a league, a city or a club. There is no restriction geographically on where such team may be based. The more the merrier!

The exact format will be confirmed once we have confirmation of the teams that will take part, though we hope to play 3 rounds (40mins each on the clock).

Prizes shall be determined on the basis of cumulative game points.

Venue - Latvian Club, Clifton Villas, Bradford, BD8 7BY

Registration - 11:00am
Round 1 - 11:15am
Round 2 - 13:00pm
Round 3 - 2:45pm
Prize Ceremony - 4:15pm

Teams will consist of 12 players. Players must be u16 as at 1 September 2012 (i.e. in school year 11 or under). Teams will confirm their player list on the day at the registration (a form will be sent in due course to team organisers).
The competition will be overseen by a qualified arbiter and I shall act as Competition Controller.
There will be no entry fee - the NCCU have generously offered to meet the costs of venue hire.
Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions in relation to this years Pennine Cup.

We look forward to hearing from teams who will be entering this years event in due course.