Shreyas Royal breaks U10 record, poses ECF a question

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Nick Grey

Re: Shreyas Royal breaks U10 record, poses ECF a question

Post by Nick Grey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 am

Some of us are hoping the Home Secretary intervenes in a number of cases not related to chess. My brother has a lot more work having passed a number of new Immigration Law exams. I had no idea there are various quotas attached to nationality, nor some strange financial values attached to various visas which make a real minefield on movement in and out of the UK.

This is a good news story for chess and young people that have aspirations to do well in the future.

Roger Lancaster

Post by Roger Lancaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 am

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am
David Robertson wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm
Plenty of interesting quotes too
The next fight might be over the Iranian lad who was sanctioned for agreeing to play an Israeli in Gibraltar. His older sister was also sanctioned for refusing to follow dress codes. He's now ENG on the FIDE rating list and top or second in the age related list. I understand he's at an English (boarding) school which buys a few years grace and presumably could apply to attend a UK university. But what after that?
In that type of case, there might be grounds for seeking asylum on the grounds of persecution in the home country. But of course that would depend on the law in force at the time - and immigration law is continually changing - and its interpretation,

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:14 am

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:04 am
I understand he's at an English (boarding) school which buys a few years grace and presumably could apply to attend a UK university. But what after that?
If we're really reduced to worrying about obscure hypothetical problems five or six years down the road, that is surely a good sign.

Provided Borna does not wish to bring his family with him, I don't expect he will face many problems. In any case, if he does decide to maximise the potential benefits which can accrue from his chess ability, I would expect him to follow his sister to the USA.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Nick Burrows

Post by Nick Burrows » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 pm

187 RP from Shreyal in the Crewe Open: http://chess-results.com/tnr383483.aspx ... =30&snr=12