World Youth Chess Championship 2018

National developments, strategies and ideas.
John Higgs

Re: World Youth Chess Championship 2018

Post by John Higgs » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Good luck to all players for round 6 today.

Rest day is tomorrow.
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 am

Round 6 report

The matches are always going to be competitive here but perhaps more so because many of the England players won their games in round 5.
Today Callum Brewer on 2/5 was playing black against a Greek opponent approaching 2300 Fide. This was always going to be a tough one. Callum ultimately transitioned into an end game in a worse position dropping a pawn. Callum will be glad for the rest before a final push in the last 5 games.

Gautam Jain on 1/5 faces a battle with the white pieces against a similarly rated opponent from Kyrgyzstan. Gautam drew today in a game that showed off all the things we love about chess. The game became messy and ultimately Gautam won his draw through a perpetual.

Koby Kalavannan, currently on 3/5 was black against an FM from Turkey. This proved to be an attritional battle and the players agreed to a draw relatively early on.

Leif Hafstad on 2/5 was also black facing a tough higher rated Bulgarian opponent. What an interesting finish this was. A King pawn end game with equal material. You could tell this was the kind of thing that Neil and Glenn get up in the morning for. A position just out of reach of human calculation teasing you with its complexity. Only one drawing move-h4 and if you can’t find it your history. Well maybe next time Leif will find it but inevitably the position will be subtly different. Leif continues like many of our England players with a lot to play for.

Max French on 2/5 was also black against a lower rated opponent. Max won his game and I would love to be showing you this but this one’s on the hush hush. Superb preparation by Max and his coach Glenn Flear but also Max did well to take advantage of his opponent’s mistakes and get the win.

Ilya Miyura, currently on 3/5 was white against an FM was this was always going to be a tough encounter. These 2 players were equally matched and though Ilya’s opponents gained equality quite quickly he never got much further than that:

(142) Misyura,Ilya (1967) - Gharibyan,Mamikon (2314) [E48]

½–½

Aditya Munshi, currently on a 50% score, had the black pieces in a winnable game against a lower rated Latvian player. By his own admission Aditya was not feeling it for this one and knows full well he played too passively. I’m sure Aditya will come out fresh after the rest day and kick of his tournament once again. So much of chess is about energy and psychology like any sport.

Christopher Tombolis currently on 1.5/5 had the black pieces against his lower rated South African opponent. Both players were well prepared in this clash. Christopher maintained a small edge throughout as a result of a space advantage but then made a few inaccuracies under time pressure. In the end Christopher managed to induce a swap off rooks which led to a drawn pawn endgame. Once again Christopher will be keen to push on in the second half of the tournament.

Nadia Jaufarally on 3/5 had white against a WFM from Romania. Nadia retained equality for most of the game but a couple of endgame mistakes ultimately cost her. Nadia will be looking forward to the second half of the tournament and a score greater than 50%

Anita Somton on a 50% score also had white against a lower rated opponent in round 5. Anita scored a solid draw leaving her well set for the remaining 5 games.

Nilomi Desai on 1/5 was playing black today against a lower rated Latvian opponent. The Latvians are strong players so this one wasn’t going to be easy but Nilomi didn’t disappoint. After the opening Nilomi managed to get both her rooks onto her opponents second rank. The resultant pressure and utilisation of her bishop pair allowed her to win a pawn. The game was very complicated but this time Nilomi was able to clear a path through the mist of confusion and execute the win. Nice game Nilomi! This should show you that complicated positions are nothing to be fearful for you.

(143) Kazermika,Anna - Desai,Nilomi [D02]
WYCC Greece 2018 (6), 24.10.2018

0–1

Glafcos Tombolis
Last edited by John Higgs on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm not the one who got it wrong. I'm the only one who got it right". Carrie Mathison.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Excellent reports, though the results for round 6 show Gautam Jain having lost, not drawn?

A couple of other questions: the first report and the first post here both mention an England delegation of 11 players, but the chess-results link gives details of 14 ENG-registered players. The three other England-registered players are Alfie Onslow (U16), Teddy Onslow (U14) and Luke Remus Elliot (U18). Are they attending the events separately from the England delegation? Might also be of interest that there are 2 players from Wales, 2 from Scotland, and 8 from Ireland.

Is it possible for pgn tags to be put round the game scores both in future and in the reports posted so far, so the games can be played through? Thanks. I've temporarily posted the games so far in pgn tags below.

Pantzar, Milton (2326) - Jain, Gautam (1905) [C55]
WYCC 2018 Open U18 Chalkidiki Greece (1), 20.10.2018
0-1

Loukopoulos, Panagiotis-Athanasi (1988) - Kalavannan, Koby (2365) [B30]
WYCC 2018 Open U16 Chalkidiki Greece (2), 21.10.2018
0–1

Alexiadis, Hristos (2263) - Brewer, Callum (2056) [A50]
WYCC 2018 Open U18 Chalkidiki Greece (3), 21.10.2018
½–½

Misyura, Ilya (1967) - Priechodsky, Radovan (1733) [A65]
WYCC 2018 Open U14 Chalkidiki Greece (4), 22.10.2018
1-0

Kalavannan, Koby (2365) - Petkov, Matey (2164) [D26]
WYCC 2018 Open U18 Chalkidiki Greece (5), 23.10.2018
1–0

Altynbek Kyzy, Asel - Jaufarally, Nadia (1810) [B72]
WYCC 2018 Girls U14 Chalkidiki Greece (5), 23.10.2018
0–1

Hoshino, Meilin (1533) - Somton, Anita (1787) [D63]
WYCC 2018 Girls U14 Chalkidiki Greece (5), 23.10.2018
0–1

Misyura, Ilya (1967) - Gharibyan, Mamikon (2314) [E48]
WYCC 2018 Open U14 Chalkidiki Greece (6), 24.10.2018
½–½

Kazermika, Anna - Desai, Nilomi [D02]
WYCC 2018 Girls U14 Chalkidiki Greece (6), 24.10.2018
0–1

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Christopher, many thanks for your point about the PGNs. I have gone back to all the earlier reports and inserted the tags.

I am in the UK so unaware of why the official ECF delegation of 11 players exceeds that number on the chess-results summary.

John

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:32 pm

John Higgs wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:15 pm
Christopher, many thanks for your point about the PGNs. I have gone back to all the earlier reports and inserted the tags.

I am in the UK so unaware of why the official ECF delegation of 11 players exceeds that number on the chess-results summary.

John
Possibly a UKCA assembled squad in addition to the ECF one.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Not appropros of anything in particular, but all three were playing in the Rapidplay and blitz events that immediately preceded the main event.

Andrew Martin

Post by Andrew Martin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Best wishes and good luck to all in Greece.

I’m guessing pgns of all games are readily and immediately available. If not, publishing current games of an event in progress makes it easier for opponents to prepare and puts our players at a disadvantage.

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Andrew,

You raise a very valid point. Of the nine PGNs on this thread I have found five via the normal sources.

It may be that the local policy of allowing access to hard copy scoresheets is operating.

I have passed on your point to the H of D.

John

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

Report 7 report:

Gautam Jain had another tough challenge on paper against his higher rated Spanish opponent. The Spanish team are always well prepared. Gautam was unable to defend a powerful attack and the Spanish players push was ultimately decisive.

Callum Brewer was playing white today against his lower rated opponent from Chile. The opening went well, a sideline of the Grandprix attack and Callum took advantage of the weak dark squares of his opponent and was able to attack a backward pawn, bring his “Warhorse” into the game and eventually the pressure was insurmountable, and the Chilean blundered in a losing position.

There was a battle of the FM’s when Koby Kavalannan, who usually plays like some kind of “Superman” with the white pieces faced a Slovakian opponent who beat another Norwegian FM rated over 2400 in a previous round so this was always going to be a dangerous match. In the end Koby was on the better side of a draw but his advantage was never enough to give him a full point. Still Koby is in a strong position going into the final 4 rounds.

Max French faced a stern challenge in this round with the white pieces against a Hungarian IM who had so far underperformed in the tournament. This was always going to be a “Close Encounter” and Max held his own for some time in this match and equality was retained for more or less 30 moves. Thereafter the IM showed the quality of his play and was able to grow his initially small advantage into a decisive one.

Leif Hafstad was playing white against a Kyrgyzstani opponent rated below him but who had beaten two opponents rated above him. This was never going to be easy against such an unpredictable player and indeed Leif lost his game in round 7. Leif has been unlucky in the last couple of rounds and the subtle nuances of the game have conspired against him.

Ilya Misyura had another tough one with the black pieces against a Russian FM who had underperformed. Ilya played a good game but as he ran low on time made a decisive mistake which allowed his opponent to take control and it was curtains from there.

Aditya Munshi played a lower rated Irish player with the white pieces. Aditya didn’t let us down and did what he was supposed to do. Well played Aditya. I didn’t watch the analysis, but you weren’t in there for too long, so I can only suppose your opponent’s defences had as many holes as a Jurassic Park theme park.

Christopher Tombolis played white against a dangerous Welsh opponent. As it transpired it was Christopher who was the dangerous one and every move that went by signalled impending and inevitable doom for a player who “needed a bigger boat” at least in this game. Well done Christopher, this is your springboard!

(295) Christopher,Tombolis (1882) - Ifan ,Rathbone-jones (1673) [B01]

1–0

Aditya and Ilya are playing “Catch me if you can” in the U14 open section but Christopher is hot on their tails.

Nadia Jaufarally played black against her Uzbekistan challenger. This would be a tough challenge with her opponent losing only 1 game in the tournament so far. Solid is probably the right description for Nadia’s opponent and so it proved. Nadia’s opponent posed problem after problem and the time trouble that resulted for Nadia led to a blunder that ended the game immediately.

Anita Somton played black against a swiss challenger. The swiss player was not to be taken lightly having beaten a WFM in a previous round. Anita was worse after the opening but took advantage of errors by her opponent to create play in the middle game. Anita went down the exchange though after getting her rook trapped and from there it was a matter of time before the game was won.

Nilomi Desai having just come off a confidence boosting victory in round 6 faced a Latvian opponent as black. Nilomi had chances in this one but came unstuck in a complicated King Pawn endgame. Nilomi, we’ll be keeping our fingers crossed for better things in round 8.

Glafcos Tombolis

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:50 am

Round 8 report:

Today Gautam Jain on 1.5 points had a bye. Gautam loves his chess and will be hungry for success and to get back into the swing in round 9 after the enforced extra day break.

Callum Brewer was playing a Swiss FM today as black in a long but fruitless struggle lasting more than 4.5 hrs. Callum was never able to wrestle the advantage from the Swiss player in a positional game where Whites king activity and strong Knight proved to be the deciding factors. Callum fought hard but lost. He starts round 9 on 3/8.

Koby Kalavannan was black against a Russian FM. After reaching an equal position in the opening the game swung in the Russian’s favour and he had quite an advantage however after some uneven play and excellent chess by Koby the England player reached time control in a dominant position despite being under severe time pressure at one stage. Koby came away deflated after not being able to convert the objectively won position and ultimately drew the game. Koby in post-match analysis found it difficult to comprehend why he made the mistake that he did. The mistake amounted to a mental slip rather than a lack of knowing the route to victory. However, as Peter Wells suggested it would be pointless to overthink things at this stage. With 3 games to go maximising results is key and wasting time on negative emotions would just interfere with the objective. Koby starts round 9 on 4.5/8

(145) Mukhutdinov,Tigran (2256) - Kalavannan,Koby (2365) [B23]

½–½

Max French had a fantastic victory with the black pieces against his Kazakhstani opponent in a game of over 100 moves. Max eventually won a Knight and Bishop vs King endgame. It might be that Max gets another chance to play out this endgame in another 5 years. Every chess-player knows the frustration of not knowing how to finish a particular ending, but this is one Max would expect to convert comfortably at his level. Max is 4/8 going into round 9.

Leif Hafstad had the black pieces against his lower rated Greek opponent and completed a crushing victory. Leif offered a piece for a huge attack and a King hunt followed and Leif eventually offered the death blow and checkmate. Leif is now on 3/8.

Aditya Munshi was facing a 2000 rated Croatian player as black. According to Aditya and his coach Glenn Flear Aditya handled the complications of this tangled position in a superior way which eventually won him the game. Aditya is on 4.5/8 and will face a challenging game in round 9. This is the first time though that Aditya has put back to back victories together and he should be confident with the quality of his play.

Ilya Misyura lost today with the white pieces against his higher rated Polish opponent. Ilya faced a rare side-line in an opening which led to a forced sequence of moves. Ilya followed the variation through to its conclusion and found computer moves at each turn, but the time taken to find the correct path was his down fall. As the time control neared the quality of his moves deteriorated and Ilya blundered into a lost position. By his own admission Ilya underestimated the complexity of the perfect refutation when perhaps a more practical, though slightly inferior approach was the order of the day. Ilya will start round 9 on a healthy 3.5/8 with much to fight for in the last 3 rounds.

Christopher Tombolis also put back to back wins together in the U14 section by beating another Greek opponent with the black pieces. Christopher transitioned into a winning Rook endgame and finished the game with a tactical flourish. Christopher is now on 4/8 and will be on a live board for the next game.

Nilomi Desai also won today with the black pieces against her opponent from Montenegro outplaying her in a well-controlled game. Nilomi is currently on 3/8

Nadia Jaufarally played a long game against a Canadian WFM but could have won the game much sooner after failing to take advantage of a blunder. Nadia showed her determination and eventually emerged victorious in an interesting Queen vs Rooks endgame. Nadia is on 4/8.

(144) Jaufarally,Nadia (1810) - He,Emma (1674) [C54]
1–0

Anita Somton playing with the white pieces convinced her American opponent to give her a draw in a losing position. Anita has used her poker face a couple of times this tournament to good effect. Anita is on 3.5/8 and will be looking to put together some games to be proud of in the rounds to come.

Glafcos Tombolis

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 am

Round 9 report:

Callum Brewer was playing white in round 9 against a Brazilian player not to be underestimated having beaten a Greek 2000+ player in round 7. Callum kept good control on the queenside and his attack on the kingside was decisive. Let’s hope Callum keeps his appetite for round 10. 4/9

Gautam Jain returns after a bye to play another 2000 rated player from Serbia with the white pieces. We were not disappointed. This was a complicated affair and in the words of Gautam the reason he won is that he made one less mistake than his opponent. Never mind Gautam, not every game can be a well-controlled obliteration and one fewer mistake is often the way battles are won in any sporting contest. 3.5/9

FM Koby Kalavannan returns also as white against another FM from Belgium. Compared to yesterdays and indeed the 5-hour played out previously this game must have come as a welcome relief to Koby, winning in just 22 moves. You can’t win this kind of game without a decisive blunder or two from your opponent. You just have to be ready to pounce when they are offered. Koby was, and he finished the game in a beautiful way. Well worth a watch. 5.5/9

(150) Kalavannan,Koby (2365) - De Waele,Warre (2272) [E04]

½–½

Ilya Misyura was black in round 9 and had a difficult proposition playing against an Armenian player who has played games against opposition all over 2000 rating in previous rounds. This was a complex game in which Ilya was unfamiliar with the opening. Ilya went a pawn up in a knight vs bishop endgame. His opponent became too active in a position that he overestimated, and Ilya made him pay and took the win. Ilya is back on track with a 50% score. 4.5/9.

Nadia Jaufarally played black against a lower rated Spanish opponent. This was a game that gave Nadia palpitations but if there’s anything this girl has got its heart. With her opponent playing in the style of Simon Williams, playing h4 on move 7 this was always going to be a messy game that could go one way or the other. Her opponent sacrificed 2 pieces for an attack but the sacrifices were unsound and Nadia saw her way through to win the game. Enjoy this one! 5/9

(151) Hernandez Guerra,Luna Yue (1659) - Jaufarally,Nadia (1810) [B23]

0–1

Anita Somton also played black against a lower rated Norwegian player. This game remained level for most of it but a few misplayed moves by her opponent left Anita with an advantage. A nice tactic at the end of the game to deliver the win. Anita is now on 4.5/9. Great result. Fingers crossed for Anita- this could be a great tournament for her with 2 games to go.

(152) Tryggestad,Linnea Garberg (1604) - Somton,Anita (1787) [D37]

0–1

Finally, Nilomi Desai had the white pieces against a player from Macedonia. This was a drawn game and with 2 games to go Nilomi has to fight to reach a 50% score. 3.5/9

Well done to all our England players. An excellent day with 7 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.

Glafcos Tombolis

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am

Round 10 report:

After his confidence boosting win in round 9 Callum Brewer was playing an FM from Slovenia with the black pieces. We had no idea he would go to Infinity and beyond with this amazing victory. This must be the highlight of his tournament, but you never know he still has round 11 to look forward to. Callum always had the advantage in a well-controlled game and when his opponent made a blunder Callum made him pay the ultimate price a few moves later. 5/10

(154) Bratkovic,Jakob (2242) - Brewer,Callum D (2056) [B22]

0–1

Gautam Jain faced a tough one as black against a Spanish player rated over 2000. The Spanish players are always well prepared. So, it proved in this one. As usual Gautam offered as much resistance as he could but was unable to ward off the Spanish players attack. 3.5/10

FM Koby Kalavannan faced another FM from France also as black. This one was always likely to produce a decisive result with the French player losing 3 as well as winning 5 of the last 9 games. However, Curiouser and Curiouser, this one belied the stats despite the fact that Koby was in a better position throughout the match. He was unable to find a way through the complications that his opponent created, and the game was drawn with only 2 kings left on the board. 6/10

(157) Travadon,Loic (2293) - Kalavannan,Koby (2365) [E90]

½–½

Leif Hafstad had the white pieces against his higher rated Norwegian FM opponent. This went to the form book unfortunately and Leif will be on 4/10 going into the final round.

Max French was playing black against a Hungarian FM. Max feels like he is suffering the consequences of hard contests in previous rounds and felt tired today. He didn’t play his best by his own admission and lost against his titled opponent. Max needs to put this behind him quickly in order to get a confidence boosting victory in the final round. 4/10

A battle of the ages took place on board 31 with Ilya Misyura as white playing Aditya Munshi. A clash of English titans but who would have bragging rights? They sat down in post-game analysis to discuss the match. Each player had their own version of events. Ilya’s version was that he did 20 minutes of prep for 1 line about 20 moves deep. Aditya claimed that he had it all under control. Well, they can say whatever they like, after all its all Greek to me. You be the judge. Both players are on 5 points with some work to do to get a 50% score tomorrow.

Christopher Tombolis was playing black against his 2000+ graded Israeli opponent. Christopher was taken by surprise in the opening and emerged worse and a pawn down. A strategic mistake in the middle game compounded problems and the position that arose meant the tactics were always going to be in the Israeli players favour. Christopher went on to lose the game but needs to fight hard tomorrow to get 50% score. 4.5/10

Nadia Jaufarally had a tough one with the white pieces against a WCM rated over 2000. The truth is Nadia doesn’t want the tournament to come to a close. She’s hit top form now and had a beautiful win today with a blazing king side attack. This was a crazy game and there were several moments where to follow the computer’s continuation she would have to do something off the wall and crazy. A phrase that has served me well is “What would Nanny do” and ultimately Nadia followed this mantra. In essence to follow the safest and most efficient path to victory and the path that would give her coach Peter Wells the least number of heart palpitations before the end of the game. 6/10

(156) Jaufarally,Nadia (1810) - Toncheva,Nadya (2002) [B30]

1–0

Anita Somton also had white against a slightly lower rated Slovenian player- Pia-Marie Kuzic. The story of this game started out very much like Mary had a little lamb. In the nursery rhyme the lamb follows Mary around everywhere because she loves her so much. Well in this game Pia-Marie trustingly followed the pawn Anita was offering only to realise far to late that that she was not Anita’s little lamb but a lamb to the slaughter. That’s what you get for pawn grabbing and leaving the protection of your king I’m afraid. Poor Pia- Marie, having bought the carrots she received the stick only a move later. A well-played game by Anita. 5.5/10

(155) Somton,Anita (1787) - Ruzic,Pia Marie (1691) [C01]

1–0

Nilomi Desai had the black pieces against a lower rated Kosovan player. Another drawn game for Nilomi taking her to 4/10. Nilomi will fight hard in the last game.

Good luck to all our England players in round 11.

Glafcos Tombolis

John Higgs

Post by John Higgs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Round 11/11 report:

Callum Brewer was playing with the white pieces against a very strong FM from Argentina. The Argentinian player has had a series of strong results in the last 4 rounds. The opening went generally well for Callum but the transition to the middle game was misplayed and allowed the Argentine to take the advantage. Black never relinquished the advantage and though Callum did what he could to create counterplay the game eventually transitioned into a lost rook and pawn endgame. 5/11

Gautam Jain also with white was playing a plus 2000 rated player from Greece. The Greek player though had not put together the best run of results. This was a well-played game by Gautam and he had the winning chances in this one. This one became blocked and Marilyn Munroe could have drawn this one quite probably whilst buffing her impeccable nails. 4/11

FM Koby Kalavannan with white was playing another FM from Peru. The Peruvian’s results would have warned Koby that he is dangerous when given the opportunity. Koby got himself into a bad position in a tense and complex middlegame and as it transitioned into an endgame it became very difficult to hold. The pressure eventually told as Koby blundered. Koby finishes the tournament on 6/11

Max French also had white against a lower rated player from Russia. Though the Russian player started the tournament poorly. He has put a good run of results together and this was going to be a challenge for Max. The game became messy and in a tense position Max was afraid of his opponent sacking a piece and his caution caused him to move somewhere which lost immediately. 4/11

Leif Hafstad had the black pieces against a strong 2104 AIM from Hungary. This player had underformed in the tournament. This was a close contest with a rook and 3 vs a rook and 3. The position was drawn but Leif overstretched, and this caused him to lose the game. 4/11

Ilya Miyura had the white pieces against a Norwegian player who’s rating was approaching 2200. Ilya played A Catalan and his opponent sacked the exchange which is apparently a common theme in this opening. If at that point black can manoeuvre his pieces to get his pawns moving on the queenside, he gets a winning game and so it proved. 5/11

Aditya Munshi had white against a lower rated Swedish player. Aditya played a really nice game here. He eventually took on h6 though he had an earlier opportunity to do so. Excellent preparation and skill by Aditya. 6/11

(158) Munshi,Aditya (2133) - Muntean,Victor (1876) [C55]

1–0

Christopher Tombolis also had white against a lower rated Slovakian player. Christopher got a Benoni in this one. His opponents Knight was on the edge of the board. Christopher attacked it with his pawn and the Slovakian player kindly moved it to a square where it could be taken by Christopher’s Queen. Having said that Christopher played the opening well and was always better. Thank you very much and we’ll take that for a 50% score of 5.5/11.

(296) Christopher ,Tombolis - Radovan,Priechodsky [A75]

1–0

Nadia Jaufarally had the black pieces against another strong WFM rated over 2000 from Russia. Until the last round the Russian girl had been difficult to beat scoring draws or wins in each of her rounds. Nadia played a good game making a couple of mistakes which proved decisive but fought valiantly. This was a good tournament for her with a tremendous win in round 10. 6/9

Anita Somton was playing an even stronger WFM on paper than Nadia with the black pieces from Spain. This one didn’t go Anita’s way leaving her with 5.5/9

Nilomi Desai had the white pieces against a lower rated Irish player. This didn’t go Nilomi’s way and she ends up with 4/11 in the tournament.

To those who met or exceeded their expectations, hearty congratulations. To those that did not remember the words of Luna Lovegood “The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.”

A big thank you to Christelle our Head of Delegation; to Steph for her wonderful photographs; to Gary and Andrew in ECF HQ; to all the hard working and dedicated coaches; and to Traci for her support prior and during the event.

Glafcos Tombolis