Santiago Hotel

National developments, strategies and ideas.
Chris Rice

Santiago Hotel

Post by Chris Rice » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

Unfortunately having to pay upfront for your hotel and getting moved to a sub standard one before the event begins is all too routine for these official tournaments. In Santiago, the Bulgarian delegation are really unhappy and Bulgarian GM Delchev has had enough:

Shame on You!

by Aleksandar Delchev

I am GM Delchev from Bulgaria and I have played in ten chess Olympiads for Bulgaria together with the World champion Topalov and all the strongest Bulgarian chess players ... I am now Fide Senior trainer, founder and former president of the strongest Bulgarian chess club Chess bomb-Plovidiv.
My wife WGM Emiliya Dzhingarova is at this moment coach and official delegate of the Bulgarian federation and shared the pictures and details of the organization and accommodation of the World Junior championship held in Santiago de Compostela. I am now speaking from behalf of all Bulgarian participants and parents.
Never, never before in my long chess life have I witnessed such heavy crime - considering the organization of the championship in Santiago. We were forced to pay 64 Euros per night for full board in a 4 stars hotel. What do we get for it - you can see from the picture.
We have no Internet in the hotel, no buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner - according to 4 **** such conditions this should be guaranteed. Instead of preparing and playing our kids should now start fighting for food and survival.
I insist that we shall receive all our money back mainly because of the fact that organizers put us in a hotel which was not in the official list of the hotels of the championship and is much below the standard of a 4 star hotel.
We were forced to pay for 13 days - which is another heavy crime -making money from our kids is in my opinion a heavy SIN and there must be severe type of punishment for such people who made this!!
I would also mention that the organizers stopped communicating two weeks before the championship and I had to search how to reach them on the phone, but when I managed they rejected to speak to me in English!!
I don't want to mention the awful organization in the playing hall and I offer to all delegates from the championship the opportunity to sign a petition in protest against the organization of the championship. Not only we should receive compensation, we should receive an official apology. With all my respect I think that such behaviour and systematic torture of our kids cannot be left without consequences. The petition must be sent to the organizers,to FIDE officials and personally to the president Mr Dvorkovich.

Carl Hibbard

Re: Santiago Hotel

Post by Carl Hibbard » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:47 pm

A split topic on this one.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Hell, I would be insulted by that offering at your bog-standard B&B :twisted:
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Nick Burrows

Post by Nick Burrows » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:43 pm
Hell, I would be insulted by that offering at your bog-standard B&B :twisted:
Looks delicious to me, you are clearly middle class