Minor Bug?

Technical information will be posted here, use it to ask questions too.
John Clarke

Minor Bug?

Post by John Clarke » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:20 am

Not an urgent issue, just a mildly irritating one. I've noticed recently that when I go back a page (either by hitting the "Back" arrow at top left, or using the drop-down list) the scrolling bar at right seems to disappear. The PgUp and PgDn keys still work, as do the Up and Down arrows, but it's a nuisance not being able to quickly align the text exactly how I want it. Anyone else had this trouble?
"The chess-board is the world ..... the player on the other side is hidden from us ..... he never overlooks a mistake, or makes the smallest allowance for ignorance."
(He doesn't let you resign and start again, either.)

LawrenceCooper

Re: Minor Bug?

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:52 am

John Clarke wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:20 am
Not an urgent issue, just a mildly irritating one. I've noticed recently that when I go back a page (either by hitting the "Back" arrow at top left, or using the drop-down list) the scrolling bar at right seems to disappear. The PgUp and PgDn keys still work, as do the Up and Down arrows, but it's a nuisance not being able to quickly align the text exactly how I want it. Anyone else had this trouble?
It's still there for me.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:03 pm

John Clarke wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:20 am
Me too, although not just on this site

Not sure if it is an issue with Chrome?
Any postings on here represent my personal views

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:49 am

I just had this: I then pressed enter with my cursor on the address bar and the problem went away.
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:23 pm

Have had this little niggle for a while, tried what Justin suggested and the problem seems to have disappeared. Cheers :)
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)