ASBO

Technical information will be posted here, use it to ask questions too.
Paul McKeown

ASBO

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Carl,

I sent the following to you by PM, but have reconsidered, given the gravity of the offence, and seeing the same offence has actually been committed in two separate threads, and given the severity of the measures that I feel should be taken. The PM which I am making open was:

Carl,

I've never asked for anyone to be banned: I didn't think that anyone could behave that badly.

I now see that I was wrong; matt_ward surely, with his last post, a cheap anti-semitic barb directed at Ben Purton, has earned an asbo.

Regards,
Paul

Paul McKeown

Re: ASBO

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:58 pm

The alternative would be that his posts should be pre-moderated, perhaps once per day. In any case, I don't see how he can be given unfettered access to this forum.

Simon Spivack

Post by Simon Spivack » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 pm

I'd settle for pre-moderated. Admittedly hardly any of his posts would survive. The person I have in mind to act as moderator is Matt Mackenzie, whom I have not been in touch with on this matter. My reason is that Matt wrote:
we are all happy for you to post here ...
Yes, I am being selective, for Matt goes on to qualify this remark! Still, anyone who presumes to write on behalf of us all deserves to be punished. :-)

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I have to report (for the first time...) that a user has been banned for inappropriate comments

matt_ward is banned for 7 days and a couple of posts have been deleted, some further consideration will be needed upon his return
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

There are more appropriate forums for such post's.

Combat 18 and National Front might be more suited for both rationale and genre of topic.

Ben
I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night - Bill Hicks
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.
Hating the Yankees since 2002. Hating the Jets since 2001.

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

The*
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Since you're being pedantic about your grammar, there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "posts", either. :wink:

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks.

Matthew Turner

Post by Matthew Turner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Can I just commend Carl on his actions. It was right to make a stand on what is acceptable 'banter' and what is not. However, I also think Carl was right that the ban should be seven days. Matt Ward is only 18 and he should have the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - I hope he does so. If he does not then I am sure Carl will take the appropriate action to protect the integrity of this forum.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Matthew Turner wrote:Can I just commend Carl on his actions. It was right to make a stand on what is acceptable 'banter' and what is not. However, I also think Carl was right that the ban should be seven days. Matt Ward is only 18 and he should have the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - I hope he does so. If he does not then I am sure Carl will take the appropriate action to protect the integrity of this forum.
Matthew,

I agree with everything you have written here.

I'm sure everyone will welcome Matt back next week with warmth and open minds.

Regards,
Paul McKeown

Anthony Taglione

Post by Anthony Taglione » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:04 pm

I took it as a glottal stop, rather than as an apostrophe. :p