How many chess players does it take to change a light bulb?

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
Krishna Shiatis

Re: How many chess players does it take to change a light bu

Post by Krishna Shiatis » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm

:):)

Very funny answers which should be in a joke book somewhere...

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:58 pm

None they are all too busy playing in the dark.

Nick Thomas

Post by Nick Thomas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Roger DC– How many chess players does it take to change a light bulb?
Paul M – I do wish people would stop bringing light bulbs into this it's total ****
Krishna – That's a lovely question Roger and I think you should write a book about it and feed the worlds poor
Ernie – I don't think this light bulb got blown on it's own. I wouldn't be surprised if the secret underground light bulb blowing mafia are responsible
Professor – FFS
Alex H – The light bulb rule compendium 2012 stipulates that chess players should not change light bulbs unless:
a) They are wearing rubber boots
b) They have passed the arbiters rule 10.3 “How to change a light bulb course thingy” and read David Welsh's most up-to-date diagram/example booklet
Carl H – I don't see the point of this and am seriously and keenly thinking about possibly some time in the future closing this thread down until it's dead (unless anyone objects in which case I will change my mind)
Stewart R – I remember when I was emperor of Persia in 398 BC. Although we didn't have light bulbs we did have candles which resembled them in many ways and I solved the changing candle problem by arranging very hard to get sponsorship
Charie S – I am a chess ninja and have developed a range of little ninja miracle bulb changing thingymabobs available from all known thingymabob stores if you give me loadsamoney
Professor - FFS

Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Steve G - Ha! The termites on the Egregious Forum are talking about light bulbs!

Andrew Bak

Post by Andrew Bak » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Nick Thomas wrote:Roger DC– How many chess players does it take to change a light bulb?
Paul M – I do wish people would stop bringing light bulbs into this it's total ****
Krishna – That's a lovely question Roger and I think you should write a book about it and feed the worlds poor
Ernie – I don't think this light bulb got blown on it's own. I wouldn't be surprised if the secret underground light bulb blowing mafia are responsible
Professor – FFS
Alex H – The light bulb rule compendium 2012 stipulates that chess players should not change light bulbs unless:
b) They have passed the arbiters rule 10.3 “How to change a light bulb course thingy” and read David Welsh's most up-to-date diagram/example booklet
Carl H – I don't see the point of this and am seriously and keenly thinking about possibly some time in the future closing this thread down until it's dead (unless anyone objects in which case I will change my mind)
Stewart R – I remember when I was emperor of Persia in 398 BC. Although we didn't have light bulbs we did have candles which resembled them in many ways and I solved the changing candle problem by arranging very hard to get sponsorship
Charie S – I am a chess ninja and have developed a range of little ninja miracle bulb changing thingymabobs available from all known thingymabob stores if you give me loadsamoney
Professor - FFS
:lol:

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:18 am

Nick Thomas wrote:Carl H – I don't see the point of this and am seriously and keenly thinking about possibly some time in the future closing this thread down until it's dead
I do get the irony but have still moved it for now and yes I can see what you mean :lol:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:13 am

Brilliant, Nick!

Krishna Shiatis

Post by Krishna Shiatis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 am

Nick Thomas wrote:Roger DC– How many chess players does it take to change a light bulb?
Professor – FFS
Professor - FFS
:lol: :lol:

That's a lovely posting Nick! You could put these in a book - sell it to somebody and feed all the ninjas/secret mafia lurking about! :lol:

Richard James

Post by Richard James » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 am

Professor – FFS
Professor - FFS
E Michael - The arbiters have misinterpreted the rules about how to change a lightbulb.
Martin - Everyone should have a vote about how to change the lightbulb.
David P - Sean ... didn't consult ... the club representatives ... about how to cast his ... lightbulb vote.
Sean - e2e4 run the best tournaments. Our lightbulbs never fail except when David S arrives.
Alex M - Adam should ask himself if he was responsible for the lightbulb failure.
Michael W - Adam shouldn't have put up a humorous sign about the lightbulb failure. I won't play in his tournaments any more.
Justin - Ray Keene plagiarised the obituary of the lightbulb, and CJ and Nigel were probably involved as well. Questions should be asked.
Richard - I remember a lightbulb failing at a junior tournament in 1977. We don't have strong junior tournaments like that any more because we're putting kids into tournaments too soon.
Leonard - Yes, it was the sixth highest rated Under 10 lightbulb in the country as well.
Jack - Let's all calm down and have a nice cup of tea!

John Foley

Post by John Foley » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 am

Nick Thomas, Richard James - very funny posts.

Steve Rooney

Post by Steve Rooney » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 am

John Foley wrote:Nick Thomas, Richard James - very funny posts.
Indeed, the forum at its best. :lol:

Krishna Shiatis

Post by Krishna Shiatis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:44 am

:) getting funnier!

Michele Clack

Post by Michele Clack » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am

I vote for a LIKE button to be available! :lol:

Kevin Thurlow

Post by Kevin Thurlow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

"I vote for a LIKE button to be available! "

Sorry, this needs to be proposed by a Director, or two counties or four tournaments, or (Alex H - please fill in rest)
"Kevin was the arbiter and was very patient. " Nick Grey

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm

michele clack wrote:I vote for a LIKE button to be available! :lol:
Roger needs to decide what level of ECF member gets the button as part of their overall benefits package :roll:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard