live games can be watched for juniors at link below.

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Ian Lamb

live games can be watched for juniors at link below.

Post by Ian Lamb » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

look like the live games are working so far for the juniors http://www.britishchess09.com/live.htm. hope they be able to cope when more boards are added for the championship.

Carl Hibbard

Re: live games can be watched for juniors at link below.

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am

Ian Lamb wrote:look like the live games are working so far for the juniors http://www.britishchess09.com/live.htm. hope they be able to cope when more boards are added for the championship.
Should be able to cope yes although a new server is being used for this year, it coped quite nicely with the Scottish although the numbers for the British will be far higher of course
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Steve Lloyd

Post by Steve Lloyd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 am

Yes I'm hoping they get more than 5 boards. My club has a representative in the U16s (albeit pretty low down), I was hoping to watch him!

James Coleman

Post by James Coleman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 pm

The Junior games didn't work for me. I could see the players names but no moves. However I'm on a dodgy hotel connection so it's probably me. Was it OK for anyone else?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm

James Coleman wrote:The Junior games didn't work for me. I could see the players names but no moves. However I'm on a dodgy hotel connection so it's probably me. Was it OK for anyone else?
That's a new one...

Can you explain a little further as to what you could see?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

James Coleman

Post by James Coleman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I can see the top 5 boards, with the top one on the list Boulton-Jones etc, I can see the board and pieces in the start position, everything looked completely normal prior to the start time of the round, except (on my system) the games never started. Looks the same now as it did 5 hrs ago...

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, I couldn't see much either. It would work fine for a while, but then stop. Weaving and Jones have finished their game (it's obviously a win for white), but there has been no 1-0 printed. Presumably Tunstall lost on time, but there's no 0-1 printed. At other times, I too just saw the board with no moves. Then all of a sudden, the board would be updated and a dozen moves had been played and it would work fine.

The games never started on mine, I had to go out of the page and back on to it to see it updated.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:04 pm

One is Dave (on site...) doing a repeat upload/copy of the tfd type files!!!

If you have issues press F5 to do a browser refresh and see how you get on - then please post here

Two common problems are a square blank box or a black type box - do the same if you see these either of these problems

Then let me know...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:Well, I couldn't see much either. It would work fine for a while, but then stop. Weaving and Jones have finished their game (it's obviously a win for white), but there has been no 1-0 printed. Presumably Tunstall lost on time, but there's no 0-1 printed. At other times, I too just saw the board with no moves. Then all of a sudden, the board would be updated and a dozen moves had been played and it would work fine.

The games never started on mine, I had to go out of the page and back on to it to see it updated.
Weaving and Jones is as you say mate, not sure about the other one

At the end of a game the IT people on site have to add the 1-0 in manually - so perhaps it got missed sorry!

:oops:
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Boards 1-5 have a blank box, but 6-10 work well. 1-5 were initially working well, presumably until 6-10 were set up.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:Boards 1-5 have a blank box, but 6-10 work well. 1-5 were initially working well, presumably until 6-10 were set up.
Try it now...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote:Boards 1-5 have a blank box, but 6-10 work well. 1-5 were initially working well, presumably until 6-10 were set up.
Try it now...
Nope. No joy.

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:
Try it now...
Nope. No joy.
Found the problem coming from on site - wait for them to fix it...
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

LozCooper

Post by LozCooper » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm guessing the boards have the wrong names on boards 6-10 as we have Hebden playing the Najdorf and some other unlikely combinations. I think Wells-Lewis is probably Briscoe-Hebden but I can't quite decide if all five are wrong or just one or two.

Geoff Lawton

Post by Geoff Lawton » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm getting 1-5, displayed under 6-10.. Briscoe-Hebden is a Najdorf.. is that right?