Fide Master Charlie Storey seeks good 4NCL Team

Venues, fixtures, teams and related matters.
Charlie Storey

Fide Master Charlie Storey seeks good 4NCL Team

Post by Charlie Storey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 am

Dear 4 NCL Captains

My Name is FIDE MASTER Charlie Storey

I am seeking a 4NCL Team

I have won over 121 Opens and I recently drew with the excellent GM Gawain Jones in British Championships.

I have defeated many Grandmasters and could probably draw with any GM in the world rather than trying to win.

Current Internet Fide Server Rating of 2461

Just £300 per weekend with a motivating bonus thrown in - Outstanding value for a Sniper Chief!

please get my contact details from http://www.CharlieChess.com if you would like me.

Cheers

Charlie Storey.
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

Jonathan Rogers

Re: Fide Master Charlie Storey seeks good 4NCL Team

Post by Jonathan Rogers » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Charlie Storey wrote: ...I have defeated many Grandmasters and could probably draw with any GM in the world rather than trying to win...

Charlie Storey.
:lol:

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:54 pm

£300 for a (good) FM. Not sure what the going rates are but I know one London based GM that regularly plays in rapid play events with £60 first prize (£40 if you deduct the entry fee)...

so not sure if you will get takers? but interestingly perhaps team captains could tentatively suggest what they might be prepared to pay for players in rating order (titles less important I'd guess)
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.

Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Martin Crichton wrote:£300 for a (good) FM. Not sure what the going rates are
Neither am I, but I'm confident that the average rate for a player rated in the mid-2200s (FM or not) will be negative.

Alan Walton

Post by Alan Walton » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 am

I think you must be on drugs

How can anybody who hasn't been rated over 2300 over the last 14 years be worth £150 a game

http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=406686

Sorry the last FIDE congress I saw you at when you lost a couple of games at Sheffield British in the major open and withdrew, i think i will keep purchase my own Class A substances

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 am

Ian Thompson wrote: Neither am I, but I'm confident that the average rate for a player rated in the mid-2200s (FM or not) will be negative.

Possibly not in the third division, with a potential scarcity value of 2250 players not already registered for squads. But maybe you could hire a passing IM or even GM for much the same outlay.

In division 1 and perhaps 2, 2250 doesn't count for very much as a professional player, being matched by numerous amateurs.

Ben Purton

Post by Ben Purton » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 am

Funny how little the forum knows about going rates. Which does not surprise me. Firstly there is no going rate. Barbican have perhaps 20 players over this rating and they dont pay a dime. I know of plenty of grandmasters who have played fot free.

That being said if you are talking about players who are not interested at all in having team spirit who are purely out for some cash then this amount will get you a gm between 2500 and 2580.

I am a very lucky captain to have amazing friends who happen to let me have a great div 1 team. With in my view the best team uninity in the league.
I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night - Bill Hicks
I would die happy if I beat Wood Green in the Eastman Cup final - Richmond LL captain.
Hating the Yankees since 2002. Hating the Jets since 2001.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm

In fairness to Charlie, he'd have heard about Wayne Rooney's contract, and reckoned this was a good time to ask

Martin Crichton

Post by Martin Crichton » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Alan Walton wrote:I think you must be on drugs

How can anybody who hasn't been rated over 2300 over the last 14 years be worth £150 a game

http://ratings.fide.com/id.phtml?event=406686

Sorry the last FIDE congress I saw you at when you lost a couple of games at Sheffield British in the major open and withdrew, i think i will keep purchase my own Class A substances
very good Alan made me laugh also good point by Dave Robertson :)

I hadn't bothered to check Charlies FIDE rating ...naively assumed it was 2461 lol but you got to admire his honesty! stating he is a drawing master.....

unfortunately draws don't usually win matches...

heres a thought.........

now trying to salvage something here...perhaps if he were to amend it to FM will play for free provided the captain will pay a bonus of £150 for any games won. That could be a reasonable compromise... Charlie would have to up his game plan as all draws would net him £0 and all wins would achieve his goal of £150 a game if any captains were so inclined to offer him that deal.
Member of "the strongest amateur chess club in London" (Cavendish)

my views are not representative of any clubs or organisations.